cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone credit limit

kitkat
Grafter

Home phone credit limit

I have just signed up for the broadband and anytime phone package for the first time. So it is all new to me and a bit of a learning curve. Could some please tell me what the £75 credit limit for the phone is all about.?  I thought it might be something to do with a "fair play" policy and mean I have only a certain amount of minutes free per month. I would be grateful if someone could explain this to me. Thank you.  Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Home phone credit limit

It's pretty much to make sure nobody overspends, as you pay for the calls at the end of the month. Basically you can make £75 worth of calls, then you can't make any more until either you're billed or you add more credit. Any credit top ups made are then taken off the total for calls at the end of the month, and the credit amount is reset when you're billed.
For example, if you use £75 and then top up £20 then you'll be charged £55 for calls on your bill at the end of the month.
Hope that makes sense Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

More details here
Although what the logic is for having a £75 limit on the Anytime package and a £55 limit on the Evenings & Weekends package isn't obvious!
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Matt
Basically you can make £75 worth of calls, then you can't make any more until either you're billed or you add more credit.

Not quite true. Plusnet can only assess the amount that has been spent when it manages to download the call data from BTW. This is supposed to happen daily but there have been occasions when this has been several days behind. Hence it will be possible to spend more than £75 before outgoing calls are suspended.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Very true Alan, and there even was a time when provisional data was added pretty well four hourly!!!
It's all part of the improved service you know.
BryanP
Grafter

I would not worry about it I sign to plusnet 6 months ago, paid for the line rental up front, make a lot of calls during the month to land lines, 0845 numbers and have BB, my monthly average bill is £7.50 but this includes BB at half price for 12 months
kitkat
Grafter

Thank you everyone for your help. kitkat Smiley
kitkat
Grafter

Thank you everyone.kitkat