Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone availability for business customers

sourceit
Grafter

Home phone availability for business customers

Hi
This may seem like a no-brainer, but I run a small business from home and have a BT residential landline on BT option 1 at the moment.  I also have PlusNet Small Business Premier @ £26.99+VAT a month on this line. 
My question is can I have PlusNet Home Phone Anytime, or do I have to give this business to BT and take up their option 3 package or go with another Telco altogether for line rental and phone calls.
Regards
Ben Cooper
Source IT
5 REPLIES 5
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Home phone availability for business customers

BT RESIDENTIAL STANDARD TERMS
The services and equipment we provide to you under these terms should not be used for business.

"http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentFooterPopup.jsp?pagecontentfooter_popupid=13408"
sourceit
Grafter

OK that aside and the fact that millions of people use their residential lines to call business customers.  There is no way that BT can verify whether a BT residential customer is using a residential line for business calls, can PlusNet accomodate me as a Home Phone customer or not?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
At present we do not offer a Business Phone service. However as you're using a residential service with BT (and so presumably do not need a business care level) there is nothing to stop you taking our residential phone service.
You would need to do this on a separate account to your business broadband though, although we can make the billing details and date the same.
sourceit
Grafter

Hi
Unfortunately, due to the delay in any response and all the negative responses that I have received, I signed up for BT Option 3.
However, do you know if I have the right to cancel within 7 days if I order via the internet and then I may be able to switch to PlusNet after all?
Regards
Ben Cooper
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
I'm fairly sure there will be a get out clause in any contract you sign online. Best to ring BT ASAP and see what response you get.