cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home line Inactive (No Broadband)

Rayon

Home line Inactive (No Broadband)

Hello there
Hoping you can help me with this issue. This morning around 8am, my phone went inactive suddenly, cutting off my Broadband connection along with it. This is unfortunate because it has only been connected for a week, and the broadband only a day!
I have removed everything connected to the phone and plugged it directly into the test socket to no avail. Furthermore, I am able to successfully ring the home phone using my mobile but the home phone does not ring. Haven't a clue what that indicates.
Help, please Sad

4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Home line Inactive (No Broadband)

I'm not sure what the specific symptoms indicate but if it has gone on from 8am to 11pm then it is a fault that you need to report to Plusnet.  But before you do, have you tried a different phone or if your broadband works with your phone unplugged?  I ask because I'm not clear on whether you have eliminated the possibility of a faulty telephone. 
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Rayon,
Sorry to hear of the problems you're experiencing. I can see that a member of our Faults team has raised this to BT Openreach and booked an engineer to attend tomorrow between 8AM and 1PM.
Rayon

The problem has just been resolved by a BT engineer. Thanks for your help!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that's been resolved for you Smiley