cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone service Unconfigured but BB since 4 Dec

coastfox49
Dabbler

Home Phone service Unconfigured but BB since 4 Dec

My broadband with PlusNet went live on 4 Dec 2014.
The final bill I had from my last phone and broadband provider (TT) shows a credit for the days from Dec 5 onwards and no phone charges for that period.
I noticed that Caller display wasnt working on my phon so just went into my Home Phone account settings and it says my home phone sevce is unconfigured and I cant log in to the control panel - it just says "Your Home Phone order is currently being processed. We will keep you updated by email and tell you once your service is ready to use."
Now I'm confused as to who is providing my home phone service?
Is it normal for broadband to go live a month before the phone part, or is there an error somewhere?
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Home Phone service Unconfigured but BB since 4 Dec

Is it normal for broadband to go live a month before the phone part, or is there an error somewhere?

No and yes.
Your phone order actually completed on the same day as your broadband. However there had been a step missed from our side, I've just corrected that and your phone service should show as active now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
coastfox49
Dabbler

Thank you very much for your help.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

No problem, sorry for the problems you had.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
coastfox49
Dabbler

May I just ask a further question.
The Caller Display feature which is shown as selected in my calling features at 0.99p/month is still not working.
I have read the help guide and tried ringing the *#234# number and also *234#. On both numbers it says "Sorry the service you requested is not available".
Is Caller Display a feature that needs to be manually activated at PlusNets end or is that my telephone equipment is incompatible? Caller Display worked OK on it when I was with BT for years and had the caller display feature.
Many thanks again.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It should already be on, but to be on the safe side, I've placed an order for you. Please check later today/tomorrow and let us know if you have any problems.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
coastfox49
Dabbler

Great - caller display has started working.
Thank you very much for the fast action.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Coastfox,

A warm welcome to the forums.  It is good to see that your issues have been resolved promptly.
If you have any questions around your service from PlusNet, you will find that there are a host of very knowledgeable users around here who are often able to assist when PlusNet staff are not available.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.