cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone reduce £55 limit and block outgoing Premium Rate calls ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Phone reduce £55 limit and block outgoing Premium Rate calls ?

Is it possible to  reduce £55 limit and block outgoing Premium Rate calls ?
My monthly usage is likely to be £10 max, and can I have a block put on to stop any Premium Rate calls ?
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Home Phone reduce £55 limit and block outgoing Premium Rate calls ?

You can reduce the limit but only by raising a ticket.
As far as I know there isn't an option for blocking premium rate calls although there have been a few requests for it
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Unless something has changed very recently, Plusnet DOES offer Premium Rate (and/or overseas) call blocking at same price as other Call Features (£2.50 pm but cheaper if bought with other features) but it must be paid for in advance. I know this because I am paying for the option 6 months at a time together with Caller Display. It is one of those services PN does not advertise and its implementation is not automated so Help Desk staff may not be aware of this. I expect that one of the PN staff who monitor this forum will be able to help.
What PN does not offer is a flexible call blocking service of the type that BT offers that allows you to turn on and off for particular numbers or types of call on demand. Members have often unsuccessfully asked for the option of blocking calls to mobile phones.
James
Grafter

Hi,
We don't *officially* offer Premium Rate Barring as a feature.
We can request it through Openreach, but in the main wouldn't do so as billing is less than ideal for it.  That's not to say that we absolutely wouldn't but we'd review on a case by case basis.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

James can you help in your official capacity with this one http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96578.0.html
James
Grafter

Hi Peter,
I'm afraid that I can't comment on any legal matters (as I'm not legally trained), however should the ICO contact us, I would of course be more than happy to reply.