cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone not working

fafafish

Home Phone not working

I recently switched phone from BT to Plusnet. Now the phone is not working. It is a cordless. I receive calls without the phone ringing, they show up on my caller ID but drop after a few seconds. If I call with my cellphone I can hear constant ringing in my cellphone but no ringing on the home phone. I just see my number show up on the caller ID and the call drops and appears as a missed call but it is still ringing on my cellphone. I have been informed that my phone service is active so I am wondering what is happening.
I don't have a wired/corded phone and I have done the following:
1. I reset my phone and checked all phone settings.
2. I took the battery out of the phone for a minute. Nothing happened.
3. I plugged my phone into the test socket and nothing happened.
Please help me fix this. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Home Phone not working

Do you have a spare microfilter you can test with ? Sometimes using one on your phone recreates the ring wire and sorts the problem.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi fafafish,
Welcome to the Forums!
I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone service. I have ran a test on your line and we have picked up on an external issue that is causing this. Our suppliers have stated that the estimated repair time is 29/04/14 23:59:59.
I have created Ticket: 84757433 detailing this and our Faults team will check back on this after the estimated repair time.
fafafish

Quote from: DomS
Do you have a spare microfilter you can test with ? Sometimes using one on your phone recreates the ring wire and sorts the problem.

I tried with the microfilter. No luck. Thanks, though Smiley
fafafish

Quote from: Linn
Hi fafafish,
Welcome to the Forums!
I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone service. I have ran a test on your line and we have picked up on an external issue that is causing this. Our suppliers have stated that the estimated repair time is 29/04/14 23:59:59.
I have created Ticket: 84757433 detailing this and our Faults team will check back on this after the estimated repair time.

Thanks for looking into this so promptly. Hope the problem gets fixed soon.