cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone enquiry

The_10th
Grafter

Home Phone enquiry

Have been looking into the PN offering for phone but have a few questions if I may:

• If I call someone (or are called by them) on plusnet home phone is it free anytime of the day/week regardless of the package either party is on (even just basic line rental) and any max call time before having to redial?

• How easy is it to deactivate 1571 as read on here recently that it comes enabled?
  • Can I use cheap phone call services such as 1899 or 18866 with home phone?

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Home Phone enquiry

Hi The 10th,
Quote from: The
  • If I call someone (or are called by them) on plusnet home phone is it free anytime of the day/week regardless of the package either party is on (even just basic line rental) and any max call time before having to redial?

If you mean a Plusnet to Plusnet call then it is free anytime and on any package, but there's still the 60 minute call limit.
  • How easy is it to deactivate 1571 as read on here recently that it comes enabled?
you just go to your phone panel in the member centre and remove that call feature (normally takes 24 hours to action)
  • Can I use cheap phone call services such as 1899 or 18866 with home phone?

Yes, carrier pre-select works with our service.
Jojo Smiley
The_10th
Grafter

Thanks Joanne that fully answers my queries.  Smiley
Does a transfer take about 5 working days?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi The 10th,
It's 10 working days for the transfer.
Jojo Smiley
The_10th
Grafter

Thanks Joanne. Order to transfer from BT now in  Smiley
The_10th
Grafter

Just got HP activated but caller ID wasn't so have added via the control panel but will this be active on Monday due to the clause "...Your call feature(s) will be added to your account on the next working day...." - any chance of getting this today?
Did find 1571 wasn't active either which was good to see as some reported it was activated by default.
Out of interest I see the email states a discount will be applied as broadband and HP were active on different dates and wondered what this would be typically?
Thanks
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

May not be very much as it is just so that the billing dates match. You can more or less work it out
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi The 10th,
Just a quick post to say that I've checked on your account and caller display is now active for you.
The_10th
Grafter

Thanks OldJim - was thinking it may be a pro-rata discount rather than a special deal.
Thanks Matt - did notice it was working very quickly after your update previously so thanks to you and the provisioning person Smiley
Funny how there are some things one cannot do without and Caller ID is one of them! Wink
Don't think BT's COT were over-enamoured when I called to say I've left but wanted to check how the settlement is finalized. Never mind, hope PN experience is a good one for phone as BB has been very good.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks The 10th, we hope the same Smiley
If there's anything at all we can do for you please let us know. Hope it all goes smoothly.
The_10th
Grafter

Matt - the transfer over was easy enough but sadly to say the experience trying to change from weekend/evening to anytime is anything but and starting to wonder if it was worth it.  Sad
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see this is in hand with the complaints team, I've had a look but unfortunately there's nothing I can do to speed the process along. I'm very sorry this has happened, I hope you've managed to get a satisfactory result from the ticket - please let us know if everything's in hand for now or if there's any further action needed on our part.