cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone and PN rip off calls

Fireant
Grafter

Home Phone and PN rip off calls

been ripped off again with plusnet which is a shock as usual i suppose to have rang these numbers they say on the itemised bills which they state is right but how the hell can they say its right when i should know if i reconise the number exactly like bt and there rip offs itemised bills adding numbers to get extra coin  Angry  
they have there chance they say i cant have incoming calls only and if i get bloody numbers i havent rang then how the hell yous can say its right when i dont even know the gawd damn bloody numbers if this is the case i will just not pay sick of companies taking the [Censored]  Angry
24 REPLIES 24
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Home Phone and PN rip off calls

Hi, can you please let me know a ticket number with regards to this one? I've looked at the account your Community site username is linked to and I don't think that's the right one.
Our call charging mechanism has been extensively reviewed and proven to be accurate; the only possibility for charging you for a call you didn't make is if the telephone number stored on your account is wrong. If this is correct then the error happened outside our control. After reviewing numerous similar queries, the vast majority are cleared up after a family member or visitor is found to have made the calls. I've successfully claimed back call charges for customers where a line was in fault and an engineer proved the line to not be working at the customers premises (typically a crossed line). In an extreme minority of cases, physical line interference is suspected - these matters can be reported directly to Openreach by the End User.
The accuracy of our telephone call rating platform is largely my responsibility and if it's doing what you say, it would be investigated as a P1 issue.
Fireant
Grafter

This is the ticket number which has been closed as i clicked on the wrong link  in the email 70683805 as ive opened another ticket in reguards to this
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've refunded the amount as trying to credit it off your next invoice would be awkward due to your special sign up offer. I can apply call barring free of charge in our supplier's system but please bear in mind that if our system tries to bar, then un-bar you (e.g. after failed payment) then call barring would be removed. Just let me know if you'd like this to be done.
The calling patterns don't look like deliberate physical interference and there's no reason for me to think that these calls shouldn't have been applied to your account. As such, you're probably best off talking to the people who may have been in the house at the time of the calls to see if they recognise the number. However, I'm more than happy to refund the amount in question as a gesture of goodwill Smiley
Thanks
picbits
Rising Star

As a side note, just have a quick look at any wiring or boxes related to your telephone line outside your property.
It hasn't been unknown for unscrupulous individuals to tap into the lines with the equivalent of cordless phones and use customers lines without their knowledge. I have no knowledge of this happening on Plusnets systems but back in the days of Virgin Media and before then, Commtel/NTL it was shockingly easy to pop the lid off the grey box and tap into the incoming pair.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@picbits
I've seen a handful of case with calling patterns indicative of this sort of activity before, usually the 'tampering' is believed to occur in the cabinet.
Fireant
Grafter

ok thanks if you on about call barring is that like a block  on all mobiles calls then yes if theres no charge cheers
James
Grafter

We can't just block mobile calls I'm afraid.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The only option available within our CRM is to block all calls, except 999 & freephone. In addition it is possible to place manual orders to bar:
All calls
Premium calls
Premium & international calls
However, this is only done in exceptional cases (typically via the Community Forums) as we incur charges and it's a laborious process.
Fireant
Grafter

ill just leave it as it is but i dont know why yous cant block mobiles or block outgoing calls only i know talk talk you could have it . Just hope i dont get more numbers that i havent rang then tho only other option would be go to a diffrent provider for the landline  providing nothing else happends what shouldnt be happening . I shall wait and see if any other numbers appear on the itemised billing . then  ill have no alternative to leave yet again .
James
Grafter

It's not really a case of whether or not we would like to, we're not able to request it through Openreach.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear that Fireant, have you had a chance to ask other people who were in the house at the time if they made the calls?
Fireant
Grafter

ah right but not to worry but its happened this time they wont be a next as i have already said in a ticket but thanks for the info anyways .
If i had me own way id get rid of the home phone altogether because for  what i need it for but you got to have it  for broadband .  Angry
no i havent seen the person who normally calls here aka me brother as if i find out its him then they will be  trouble because im sick of the hassel from him already without reguarding this .
James
Grafter

If you don't really use a phone, why don't you just unplug it?
Could save any potential nasty surprises in the future.
Fireant
Grafter

i could do that also but its when me aunty rings as she wont ring mobiles thats only reason i have it apart from needing it for broadband .