Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Order rejected by BT because of BT Database error

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Home Phone Order rejected by BT because of BT Database error

Please see Question #36763177
The customer's Phone order has returned from BT in a REJECTED state. Reject reasons: (3049 : Supplied Postcode is not correct for the entered Telephone Number )

This arises because Telephone number 01475-XXXXXX has been in existence since before the Postcode for the House was changed by the Post Office from XXXX 0AY to XXXX 0BB.
The postcode as registered with PlusNet for Broadband Service is the latter which is the current Postcode.
PlusNet agent asked the customer to call BT and have it corrected but the customer has no relationship with BT as the current provider is Primus. BT will NOT change the Postcode for the customer.
HELP!
6 REPLIES 6
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: Home Phone Order rejected by BT because of BT Database error

Update:
I called the BT Sales Line 0800-800-150 this morning and went through three nested menus, staying on the SALES options until I got to speak to an agent.
I explained the problem to him and he said that this could be easily resolved by the receiving provider requesting the correction to the database entry. He said that it had to be done during working hours Monday to Friday.
Please could someone at PlusNet kick this into touch.
Mand
Grafter

Yeah, you have to call Openreach, so we can't do anything til Monday.
Gimme a nudge then though and I'll make sure it's sorted for you.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Good Morning Mand,
This is your Monday morning nudge.  Cheesy
Seriously though, I hope you can resolve this for me.
I am trying to switch five of my referal accoubts to Talk+ and Value Broadband and this one is stuck in a rut.
R
Mand
Grafter

2am is a bit early for me. Especially on a Monday.
On it now though. Smiley
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Mand,
Thank you for pushing this along for me. The customer has got an email saying that the order has been placed but not the follow-up email giving a date for the transfer of the Phone line to PlusNet.
Of the 5 referral accounts I am transferring, two have got dates of 16 Nov, one has 22 Nov and the other two have no date.
Thank you again for your action....
Robin 
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Mand,
Please could you check the progress of this order. The "Account Details" panel on this account is NOT showing the "Talk Anytime" entry as is showing on the other accounts you have migrated.
Many thanks, R