cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Faults

Bud
Grafter

Home Phone Faults

Yesterday I helped my sister raise a fault with her phone line due to noise on the line.  I was quite surprised that plusnet request that you disconnect everything from the phone line for around 24 hours so they can perform a line test, and not to connect your phone and broadband back to the line till they call you.  Seems an awful long time for a line test to be performed IMO, as the last time I had to raise a fault to BT they had the line test results back whilst I was still speaking to them!  Or has things changed now with faults and openreach?
3 REPLIES 3
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Home Phone Faults

How can they call you back if the phone is disconnected? The line test should only take a few minutes.
Bud
Grafter

Well approximately 22 hours later they sent a text message saying to phone them on the 0800 number (which costs a fortune from a mobile!) or to look at the ticket for an update.  Unfortunately its no further on as its asking for the EXACT SAME tests as what was done previously to be done and also asking for a mobile number to be given which they allready have on the account and send the SMS to and to leave the equipment unplugged till they get back.  The latest message even suggests checking the wiring external to the building which is nothing to do with the customer!
Not impressed with the fault reporting process so far...
fedup1

Yes I tried to phone on my mobile - still waiting for a call back. Hope they don't try this with me as my line is frequently faulty - thats why I changed had hoped things would get better not worse.... communication isn't the greatest in faults is it?Huh