cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Direct Debit

theoule
Grafter

Home Phone Direct Debit

I'm looking to add Home Phone to my existing broadband, and at the end of the sign up I get asked for Direct Debit details.
According to the FAQ http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home_phone/billing.shtml
------
Paying for Home Phone
1. How and when do I pay for the service?
Your line rental, call plan and call charges will be taken at the same time as your broadband subscription via the same payment method. Our Account Admin FAQ explains which payment methods we accept.
------
At present I use a credit card, so why the need for a DD?
Is the FAQ wrong?
I've opened a ticket on this, but I'll have to wait 22 hours for a reply, I thought I might do better here.
7 REPLIES 7
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Home Phone Direct Debit

I had it in my mind that Home Phone had to be paid by DD.  I have no idea why, or if it has changed, but I'm pretty sure it used to,
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It certainly used to be the case
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Its certainly a funny mixed up situation, you are advised to use a credit card for the initial sign up as it works quiker than DD.
You use a credit card for paing the postage on routers.
You use a credit card for the Phone call credit limit
But hey this is PN Billing system
theoule
Grafter

Thanks for the replies.
It's all very vague, is there no one here from Plusnet?
I've been with f9/+net for years and have always had good service through 2 house moves and various line problems.
It seems that service has gone downhill, 22 hours to answer a ticket with a simple query is just too long, maybe I should just go elswhere.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi theoule,
Unfortunately you will need to add direct debit details in order to request the service - though even if the DD isn't active the order will still go ahead. If you drop me a PM when you've ordered I'll take a look at that and see if there's anything we can do.
theoule
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
Hi theoule,
Unfortunately you will need to add direct debit details in order to request the service - though even if the DD isn't active the order will still go ahead. If you drop me a PM when you've ordered I'll take a look at that and see if there's anything we can do.

Thanks, I've ordered home phone, and given my DD details, can you look and see if my payment method can be changed?
Question no: 32951421.

Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi theoule,
I've replied to your ticket, that should all go through fine for you.