cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone DEAD!

dezign1

Home Phone DEAD!

My home phone from plusnet hasn`t been working since the 1st March. i have tried a new phone and it still didn`t work i have also plugged directly into the socket (not via the filter) and still no dial tone.
i raised a question last night but have not had a reply yet.
My Broadband is working fine.
can anyone from plusnet help?
Alison
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Home Phone DEAD!

Hi Alison,
Have you plugged in your telephone into the <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/master-socket-guide.shtml"> Test Socket</a>?
I would strongly advise for you to try this to see if it makes any difference at all. I hope this helps somewhat Smiley
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: dezign1
My home phone from plusnet hasn`t been working since the 1st March. i have tried a new phone and it still didn`t work i have also plugged directly into the socket (not via the filter) and still no dial tone.

looks like she already has Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

'Directly into the socket (not via the filter)' is not quite the same as the test socket though I've never heard this requested for a phone fault (but it can't hurt to eliminate the faceplate and any internal wiring).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

my eyes playing tricks on me Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It's a check that I personally always ask our customers to do, just to ensure it isn't an issue with the Internal Wiring  Smiley
As well as trying an alternative, working, corded handset.