cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Credit Limit

charlus

Home Phone Credit Limit

I have been a +Net cutomer for over a year and I have still not seen anything on their website or on any of the forum posts which explains why +Net insists on customers having a credit limit. I imagine everyone pays by direct debit for the calls they make every month so, I have to ask again (and I will go on asking and asking) why have a credit limit? The only reason I can see and which +Net will not admit to is that it enables them to extract additional money from customers who exceed their phoney limit - this is an unwarranted and, in my view, dishonest charge. I would like to know how much money they extract in this way every month from their customers - can you tell us, please?
+Net has also failed to explain fully how the credit limit works. For example - say I am approaching my credit limit and top it up by £10, then, I duly exceed my credit limit by, say, £5 - what happens to the £5 that I am now in credit for? I have no idea!
5 REPLIES 5
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Home Phone Credit Limit

Hi
I do hope this link will provide some useful Information for you  http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home_phone/billing.shtml#howCredit
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The credit limit is for the customer's protection.
If, for example someone in the household suddenly decides to call their friends on their mobiles or decided that phoning a premium rate number is a good idea or having long calls to a friend overseas then the credit limit stops the bill increasing to silly numbers and the first you knew about it was when a direct debit charge of several hundred pounds arrived at the end of the month.
If you don't like the default credit limit you can increase it here https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_my_account
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I see no facility to increase the credit limit. All I see is  a facility to top up ones account by payment from a linked  debit / credit card so that the credit limit is not exceeded.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Memory not too good  Embarrassed
However I believe that you can raise a ticket asking for it to be increased permanently (at least you used to be able to)
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80776.msg684327.html#msg684327
Quote from: Mand
Hi there,
All of our products have a credit limit and that's unlikely to change, though this can be increased manually if necessary.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Jim is right, it can indeed though I suspect we'd want to base the new limit on the past few months' calls to make sure it's not increased too much. Just raise a ticket with the request and we'll arrange it for you.