Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone/Broadband Order - Query

MDov
Grafter

Home Phone/Broadband Order - Query

Hi,
I'm in the progress of joining Plus.net where I am not migrating or switching any current service myself. During the sign up process I chose to take over the existing line in the property but this has failed as it was coming back as invalid DN numerous times
The latest is that Plus.net are to put a new line into the property once I have moved in (hoping 3rd November), the CS Agent I spoke to on Saturday was to arrange this appointment but was unable to get the available dates at the time of the call
Today I received two emails stating the below
First email:
An engineer is due to activate your Home Phone service on PM, PM.
Your telephone number will be {Number omitted}.
Please remember that you will need to be available if the engineer requires access to your property to complete the installation.
Second email:
We have been advised that the appointment to install your new phone service has been changed to PM, PM.
As I'm not to keen to sit on the phone for another 15 minutes before I get put through to someone, would a forum CS agent be able to let me know if the appointment is now booked for phone line install and simulatenous broadband order? If so can you confirm which date has this been booked for
The question reference detailing this is 93248406
There is also a question open with the reference, 93313815 - This could probably be closed off as it appears to be a duplicate to 93248406 which holds more info to the call
Thanks,
Martin
12 REPLIES 12
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Home Phone/Broadband Order - Query

Hi MDov,
Thanks for raising this with us and apologies for the mixed messages and confusion that the service notices and emails have caused. We're currently looking into a possible quirk that we've seen flagged over the weekend regarding automated messaging and hope to find the cause and fix this to prevent any further confusion.
With regards to the appointment for the installation, this is currently set to go ahead on the 30/10/14 in a PM appointment slot between 1pm and 6pm.
MDov
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Thanks for your reply
As noted in the call reference 93248406, the appointment can not be before the 3rd November (I get the keys on the 31st)
You can see the entry that the agent I spoke to inputted stating that the appointment is to be for the 3rd, 4th or 5th but ideally the 3rd of November
Copy of call notes: **Internal** Placed as silver key due to error with WLT. Also placed sim for BB order. Once appointed please amend installation for 3rd/4th/5th AM or PM.
Regards,
Martin
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again MDov,
I cannot see any notes from the previous agent however I can see the update from yourself on the change so I have gone ahead and shifted this to the 03/11/14 for you. We will need to wait for the appointment to be confirmed however the change has been requested so should be fine. I'll keep an eye on this and let you know once the confirmation of the appointment is set.
The new appointment time will be the 03/11/14 PM (between 1pm and 6pm) which was the only time available on that date.
MDov
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Thanks for amending the appointment - I'll await confirmation of the change
In meantime I will PM you a copy of the transaction by the support agent that is listed against the Plus.net question
MDov
Grafter

Hi,
I've just had an email and text message to state the following;
Unfortunately, there's been a delay to the order for your telephone service.
We'll contact you again once we have more details about this.

I actually got the automated call from BT OpenReach today to confirm my appointment on the 3rd (Monday)
Is this text/email an automated system that I am to ignore? Or is there yet another issue with my order
Thanks,
Martin

MDov
Grafter

Currently still waiting for the openreach engineer in my pm appointment. I'm struggling with no phone signal so I will need to drive 10 miles to call plusnet later if the engineer fails to arrive.
I've seen an openreach van in the area today but nothing to me as of yet
Is any staff able to check to ensure the engineer is on his way?
Not looking forward to the call later if that is required
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MDov,
Sorry to hear he hasn't arrived yet, the appointment slot can run up until 6pm which is the latest he should arrive.
We could attempt to chase this up for you now however with around 40 minutes to go before the end of the appointment slot, it is highly likely that we would be turned away from chasing this up. If he isn't in attendance by 6pm then I would suggest dropping us a tweet on Twitter (if your phone signal is bad) and we should be able to review it for you and get in touch with Openreach.
MDov
Grafter

I will try post again if this is still monitored?
No engineer as of 17.45
MDov
Grafter

6PM and no engineer has appeared. Please reply to confirm you've read this, otherwise ill proceed with calling plusnet later
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MDov,
Sorry to hear the engineer didn't turn up as scheduled. I can see that you contacted our support team yesterday evening and our Supplier team are due to contact our suppliers today and get back in touch with you.
MDov
Grafter

Hi,
Rather than calling through can someone please check and update me accordingly regarding my order and question 93248406
My landline went active on Thursday the 6th, I updated Plusnet via telephone to let them know it was now live and to progress my broadband order. Unfortunately we are still sat at my order being delayed apparently despite the landline being live and working since Thursday
The router is pulling through info regarding line speed sync but it is failing to login with 'authentication failed' - A Plusnet agent told me that this is likely because my broadband login was not active yet
Is it possible for this to be made active as everything else is now in place and working and all I need now is my broadband to log in?
Cheers,
Martin
MDov
Grafter

I guess hold off on the above for now as I have had a CSC manually activate to see if I will then auth
Thanks,
Martin
dick:quote