cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - on phone incoming or outgoing

richfw12

Help - on phone incoming or outgoing

No dial tone or in/out calls. It's been broken a few days now.
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Help - on phone incoming or outgoing

@richfw12 Welcome to the forums. I suggest you follow this link https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/ , but as it is late in the day, don't be surprised if you don't get a response until tomorrow (or possibly Monday).

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @richfw12,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your landline. I've tested the line this afternoon and we haven't been able to locate any underlying faults, so I'd ask if the issue is still present on your end of things and if so, have you been able to carry out any sort of troubleshooting steps at this stage? For reference, we have a guide on home phone faults, here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
richfw12

Thanks will check further on the guide. Given the broadband is working, I suspect it may be the phone base station then.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@richfw12  I wouldn't make the assumption that your phone or base station is faulty, if you are on FTTC which Plusnet call Fibre it is quite possible for the broadband to work normally and the phone to not work at all. If there is a line fault between the exchange and the local Phone cabinet it will not affect the broadband. Easiest test is to get hold of another known working phone and try it.

richfw12

Agreed - trying to track on down.
richfw12

Without any other checks, since the line checks, our phone has started working again. Curious, but at least working now.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @richfw12

I'm glad to see your phone's working again, albeit by itself. 

Let us know if you have any further issues and we'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

A note of caution - some bad joint issues can be “fixed” by the act of line testing or ring current being applied to the line. Keep a watch on the line.

If one side of the circuit is iffy you can lose voice services whilst broadband still limps along. Dial 17070 check the phone number is correct, select option 2 check the line is totally silent.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.