cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on keeping landline telephone number

jrodrigo

Help on keeping landline telephone number

Hello everybody,

I have just joined plusnet for broadband and telephone and been told that I will be given a new telephone number. This is something I want to avoid at all costs, since I don't want to change my telephone number again. I have done some research online and in these forums and it seems my case is nothing out of the ordinary and should be able to be fixed. I will provide a bit of background below:

• I moved to my current home over 3 years ago and I was given a new telephone number by Talk Talk then and there
  • I moved to Sky afterwards (over a year ago) and ported my number to them

I cannot wait to leave behind Sky, but keeping my existing number is something a deal breaker. Ofcom are clear in that if you are not moving house, you should be able to keep your current number (see here)

I have seen people with a similar problem been solved (I am posting some links below for reference), so could you please let me a hand with this? Many thanks in advance

Please help. Need to keep my number:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Please-help-Need-to-keep-my-number/m-p/1585269

Please help, I need to keep my phone number

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Please-help-I-need-to-keep-my-phone-number/m-p/1511094#M256...

8 REPLIES 8
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Help on keeping landline telephone number

Welcome to our community forums @jrodrigo.

Unfortunately when trying to place your order, the request/check against a number import is being rejected stating "number cannot be imported"

This could be down to something as simple as a typo on the telephone number provided on the account or may be something more complex that we'd need to raise with our suppliers or possibly something the current provider may need to address.

I've escalated Ticket: 184504519 on your account to myself to keep an eye on and look in to this further. If you could respond to the ticket with the requested information I'll get that picked up as soon as I can for you.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jrodrigo

Many thanks @HarryB,

I have replied to your ticket, confirming the address and telephone number (everything was correct).

Thanks for keeping an eye and let me know of any developments

Jose

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for that, I'll be sure to keep you updated via the ticket on the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jrodrigo

I am now finally with Plusnet. Internet works great but I have an issue with the phone line. Although I kept my phone number, and can make phone calls with it (e.g. if I call my mobile phone, the number calling appears as my old landline number), I cannot receive any calls. Everytime someone calls me they receive a sound as if the line is disconnected. To sum it up, I can make calls but not receive any. Could you please help me with this?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @jrodrigo

Thanks for getting in touch,

I'm pleased to hear that your broadband has switched across successfully. I've tested your phone line and there are no external factors which would prevent you from receiving calls at this point in time.

Could you plug a corded handset into the test socket of your master socket (as shown here) and let me know if calls into your line can be received?

Best wishes

Dave

jrodrigo

Hi Dave,

Apologies for the late reply. I tested Thurs at still does not work. In fact, it is very strange since I can make calls with the landline but whenever someone calls they get a notification of "invalid number". Hence, I haven't been able to receive any phone call since I changed to Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I can see we've booked an engineer visit to investigate this further.

For these type of issues, it's normally related to how the number has been imported as opposed to an engineering problem, so I've got in touch with our suppliers number porting team and they've advised that the port hasn't completed.

I've therefore cancelled the engineer and they've raised a new order in the background to port the number in.

Unfortunately number ports take 4 working days, so this should happen on the 07/01/2019.

I'll check back on the day regarding the progress.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hey @jrodrigo

Our suppliers can confirm that your telephone number has been imported on to the BT network yesterday 08/01/2019.

Can you confirm that you're able to receive calls now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet