cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone here heard of MADASAFISH ?

kitz
Aspiring Pro

Re: Has anyone here heard of MADASAFISH ?

haha..  Cheesy
Theyve  have been going for years..  long before they became part of the Plusnet group. 
I remember them from my days of dial up, before we even had adsl.
SWebster
Grafter

Yes, I remember when Masasafish was a separate company before take over and I even had a broadband account with them at one time.  Everyone used to comment on my e-mail address. 
I eventually cancelled my account with them, as they kept cutting me off, so I then went back to BT, until speeds poor broadband speeds forced me to quick with them too - I am quite a long way from my exchange so the copper wires did not work.  I then went to wireless broadband and ended up getting about 7mbs, which was excellent for the area.  Have just come back now to Plusnet and had fibre installed and am very pleased with the excellent speeds that I am getting - 38mbs and no more iPlayer quitting on me due to insufficient bandwidth.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I was first off with Freenetmane then they were bought out by MAAF - I was then with them for BB for a few years until they were bought out by PN soon after I changed to PN because PN offered twice the BB download for less each month.
I still have a MAAF email account because it hosts my email domain.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: Mayfly
I still have a MAAF email account because it hosts my email domain.

You must be one of the very few!
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Mayfly
All Star

Hi Matty I enquired on here a few months ago about moving it to PN but was told it would be less expensive to leave it where it is.
pint
Aspiring Pro

I know someone on mad as a fish, with a totalise e-mail address and phone ( voice) service from BT.
at the moment hes a bit miffed because the voice mail ( 1571) has stopped working for the last month or so.
I suggested a move to plusnet ( phone+adsl) but he doesn't want to lose his @totalise.co.uk email address
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi pint,
We should be able to do this for them. Let me know if they want to proceed and I'll take personal ownership of it, as it may require TLC.
@Mayfly - Sorry I never saw this response. It is a slightly different story if you have a domain, and you have probably been told correct.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I was with Madasafish for many years, they were very good. I wish I could have retained my MAAF e-mail but PN wanted a monthly fee for that Sad
It was quite often a source of amusement when asked for my e-mail address. Many times it was thought I was extracting the urine!
My daughter must have been lucky, she still has hers(free) after migrating to PN. In fact she doesn't have a PN e-mail address.