cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had about enough now!!

englishrick
Grafter

Had about enough now!!

Ok, Been having a Crackle problem with the phone now for a couple of months of which BT engineers have said is ok as of course its clear when they come, they said it could be water in a box somewhere or something!!!!! The phone is unusable when the crackle is there!!!!! AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF MY FIBRE CONNECTION SYNC HAS DROPPED OVER 5 Mb, Turned modem off and left it for quite a while and reconnected but it still wont sync back at the original 75 Mb that it was.... Can someone have a look and see what the hell is going on.
12 REPLIES 12
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Had about enough now!!

The phone fault will be responsible for the speed drop off.  I guess all you can do is push your phone line provider (Plusnet?) for a permanent fix.  Intermittent faults are always difficult to find of course...
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

There is nothing unusual in a drop of 5MB, that could be caused by loads of things. It happened to me a few days ago but it will probably recover in a period of time.
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: pwatson
The phone fault will be responsible for the speed drop off.  I guess all you can do is push your phone line provider (Plusnet?) for a permanent fix.  Intermittent faults are always difficult to find of course...

My internet was ok a few weeks ago...Just thought I would check last night and that's when I found out
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The crackle on the phone is not going to be helping matters, we need to get this sorted. Please report this here: http://www.plus.net/support/phone/troubleshooting.shtml
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
The crackle on the phone is not going to be helping matters, we need to get this sorted. Please report this here: http://www.plus.net/support/phone/troubleshooting.shtml

Ok Chris, I have done it AGAIN!!!! Just to add that if an engineer is going to be sent AGAIN that Friday after 1pm is the best time or weekends... Had nothing but hassle trying to organise the 2nd visit a few weeks back due to one of your advisors not reading the times we were available and then we went on hols...
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Not great news, but I'm updating the ticket now for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: plusnettony
Not great news, but I'm updating the ticket now for you.

Ok thanks Tony, hopefully the problem will occur when they are here this time, otherwise we will still have a phone line that we still can't use!!!!!
englishrick
Grafter

Right the engineers been AGAIN , Said the same thing as last time that it could be a problem with water somewhere, he was not UG trained so couldn't go and lift any grids to look. Also we have lost another 2Mb on our sync speed so I'm not very happy at all........
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Unfortunately that not what the engineer has told us. In order for it to progress further we need these details on the notes. I'll add the notes onto the account for you and get faults to chase it with them.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
englishrick
Grafter

Well he is a liar, we even let him listen to a recording from yesterday on our answerphone of the crackle!!!!!!! hE ALSO ASKED IF WE HAD TRIED A WIRED PHONE IN TEST SOCKET OF WHICH I SAID YES AND SHOWED HIM THE PHONE WE HAD TO PURCHASE to test it. aS HE SAID LAST TIME THAT THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH INTERMITANT PROBLEMS, AND IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN TO JUST KEEP REPORTING IT...... He said he hoped that he would soon be trained in the UG so he could then check if needed if there was a problem in any of the grids... SO I HOPE YOU ARE NOT CALLING US LIARS???????????????????
englishrick
Grafter

This is how are connection was .......

This is our connection now.....

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

The ticket is still with our Phone Faults team and they'll get that investigated as soon as they can.
Sorry for the delay.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team