cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Line fault

JonH2

HELP: Line fault

Had a line fault for 4 days, 

Can't call, no phone!  Intermittent broadband.

No way to email to report & no online form and twitter being ignored.

Seems the famous support is really not that good afterall!

9 REPLIES 9
Steve-O

Re: HELP: Line fault

I've had the same issue for 3 days. To escalate this yourself you need to sign into your plusnet account (not this forum but your main account) and then visit this link:
https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/

Fill out the form and after a couple of minutes you will likely receive an "oh oh something went wrong" message. I don't think this is intentional but it is currently what happens. If the checker detects a fault it should raise a ticket with OpenReach themselves. It did this for me and after a while I had a new "Unanswered question" in this section of my account https://www.plus.net/wizard/

It should be noted that the response quotes an average fix time of 1-3 working days.

JonH2

Thanks, could not see any mechanism to fill out a form.  

Crazy, you'd think a simple online form would be something they could manage!

Thanks to your link, I've now used it to get the line checked and confirmed there is a fault, so reported.

Appreciate you chipping in on this.

I can get on with shipping parcels now.

Jon

Steve-O

@JonH2 - No problem at all. I had trouble finding the link myself so thought I'd share. Good luck with your line!

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you and welcome to the forums.

I see you've found the link now and the fault has been fixed for a few days. I'll update the ticket on your account in a moment.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
stilton

Hi,

Can you help me have no dial tone and cannot receive incoming calls.

Have tried connections etc etc and micro filter.

The call centre is out of action no indication as to when open and no where to send e mail.

Surely someone at plusnet can man a phone from home.

AT THIS TIME WITH THE VIRUS SURELY A HOME PHONE SHOULD BE WORKING.

Sorry to be loud but not happy with service and your the only one I can find to maybe help.

Regards

Steve-O

See my response above, hopefully that will help.

Sign into your account and follow the links I posted and the fault will then be reported to OpenReach. They are the only ones who can fix your line problems anyway. Once it's been reported you will have an open ticket in your account.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@stilton   Welcome to the forum.

If yo look at earlier posts in this thread, you'll see that JonH2 took Steve-O's advice and was successful in getting the fault recorded and passed to Openreach.

Edit:  Steve-O types faster than me. 😉

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Usually a dead phone line will find a fault on our testing platform but I've not seen this in your case.

Are you absolutely sure that the phone/base unit isn't faulty? If you use cordless phones, it could be the case unit so it's best to try with a corded phone.

I'm not saying there isn't a fault, but I need to ask that you double check things because we have limited engineer availability and I need to book an engineer to progress this for you. They won't be able to do internal testing though if it does come down to booking an engineer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
stilton

Hi, Thanks for your response.

I have just tried another brand new phone albeit another cordless and its still the same.

I believe I do not have a micro filter as I have fibre to property and the phone line is a separate copper wire as had problems with line in fibre line so they reinstated the old copper.

The unit the phone plugs into is a double unit I believe one socket for dial up internet type?

You say the line checks ok but up to which point does it check, to house.?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks to other guys that responded to my post.