cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grr, free calls changed from 6PM to 7PM. Why didn't they tell me?

mgillespie
Grafter

Grr, free calls changed from 6PM to 7PM. Why didn't they tell me?

Just got my bill, and it's MUCH higher than normal, looking at the itemization, I have been stung for locals calls we expected to be free.
I'm guessing they may have sent some email that may have been tagged as spam (as Plusnet do like to send lots of marketing-type emails).
Surely for contact changes like this, they need to be writing to me in letter?
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Grr, free calls changed from 6PM to 7PM. Why didn't they tell me?

We try not to send letters due to the costs involved, and emailed this to you on the 3rd December - you can see the email on your account, if you look at all queries on http://contactus.plus.net it's reference number SN100495233
Hope that helps,
mgillespie
Grafter

The problem is, these occasional important things slip by because they are hidden amongst all the other crap that companies send out, like newsletters and such.
Although i'm guessing it's in YOUR interest that people don't read these notifications, as it means more profit for you...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

All important emails are added to your account on a ticket, we don't do that with marketing emails. In addition the ones that do contain important information about your service have a subject advising exactly that.
Basically we changed the off peak hours to match those of BT along with most other telco's, when BT changed their off peak hours to the same.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The email was written by the marketing department. Guess which aspects were more prominent - advertising other PN services or notification of the changes affecting users bills?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

With these telco's following one another I can see the OFT looking into it. It's beginning to look like a cartel.

Quote from: Matt
All important emails are added to your account on a ticket, we don't do that with marketing emails. In addition the ones that do contain important information about your service have a subject advising exactly that.
Basically we changed the off peak hours to match those of BT along with most other telco's, when BT changed their off peak hours to the same.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

on the other hand PN buy their service from BT wholesale