cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got PlusNet homephone and Anytime package. Want to change to NO package - just pay as I go - how?

BeePlus
Hooked

Got PlusNet homephone and Anytime package. Want to change to NO package - just pay as I go - how?

I have unlimited fibre broadband and home phone with plusnet.

As per subject - I just want a 'pay as I go with 1471 and 1571. That is all. I rarely use the house phone at all so being on the Anytime isn't worth it.

I can't find anyway of doing this, all the links go round in circles and never show how to stop being on a package. 
Any ideas? I can't stand the thought of another half an hour on Chat trying to remember passwords and secret codes.

(To be 100% clear, I am fine with the unlimited broadband bit).

7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Got PlusNet homephone and Anytime package. Want to change to NO package - just pay as I go - how

Another option would be to move your phone to a different supplier who charge way less than Plusnet for line rental - and whose call charges are way less than Plusnet's with no set up fee for the occasions you do use the phone (link in my signature). You'd have to pay Plusnet an extra £2.50 and if you are still in contract and getting a discount you may lose that.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Got PlusNet homephone and Anytime package. Want to change to NO package - just pay as I go - how

Go to "product change" in your plusnet account and work your way through leaving the selections unchanged until the phone option, then select the option without anytime. You will return to what you had previously, which may be the free legacy evenings and weekend option. The anytime option will stop at your next billing date.

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
BeePlus
Hooked

Thanks, both. Very helpful.

Seems I have 2 months left of my contract so will change then.

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Plusnet T&Cs:

Package: Broadband/ Fibre (Core Service) + Line Rental (Additional Service) + Call Package (Add-on)

Adding the ... Add-on:  You can change or add the Add-on at any time without entering to a new minimum term.

That means Anytime calls is always a "monthly" item so can be cancelled at any time without affecting your contract - but having paid for a month in advance, it disappears at your next billing date.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
BeePlus
Hooked

Great, thanks.  I'll have a go tomorrow then at changing it.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @BeePlus

Please let us know how you get on. If you need any help give us a shout. Cheesy

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
BeePlus
Hooked

Thanks - I think it's resolved.  I will find out on March 9th!