cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends and Family or nominated number option ??

cslogg
Dabbler

Friends and Family or nominated number option ??

My 90 year old mum who pays for Landine and Plusnet Anytime calls is spending an extra £16 or £17 per month chatting to her daughter on her mobile as she has no landline.Is there anyway this extra can be reduced either on a different package or something like BT does with their Friends and Family option?

14 REPLIES 14
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Friends and Family or nominated number option ??

@cslogg 

This is an old legacy service. Cancel it and add the unlimited landline and mobile call plan to her account. Unlimited calls up to an hour to either currently costs £9.41  per month.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@cslogg Two options here. Does the daughter have an all-inclusive tariff on her mobile - she could then ring her mum instead of her mum ring her? The other option is for her mum to switch to 'Unlimited UK Landline and Mobile Calls - see the options here: https://www.plus.net/broadband/extras/call-plans/

John
cslogg
Dabbler

The unlimited uk calls etc looks the best bet.I shall see if I can cancel the Anytime one and add the Unlimited online.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Bear in mind that it won't kick in until the next billing date.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
cslogg
Dabbler

Typical.Just tried to change call plan online only to be met with a message saying the action cannot be done at this time,come back later.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @cslogg,

Had you already attempted to put a call plan change through or is this your first attempt?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
cslogg
Dabbler

I did not even know I could change my call plan until a couple of days ago and have tried three or four times since.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for confirming that. Having had a look at your account again, I believe that this is due to the account type. It would be best to give our Customer Options Team a call tomorrow on 0800 013 2632 to see if this can be done.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
cslogg
Dabbler

I did give that number a ring but even though I am my mothers authorised  spokesman ( sorry I forget the correct term) they would not let me change her Call Plan without speaking to her.Which seems to make my role useless..She live 5 hours away from me soI don't know how I can achieve this.The person I spoke to said they are having trouble with the online accounts.

I am hoping they are going to fix the problems but so far no sign of it.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @cslogg, thanks for getting  back to us. I am sorry for the issues with the account and the problems experienced when calling.

Whilst you are able to discuss the account on a account holders behalf, only the account holder is able to make changes to the account which can impact the cost.

The issues with the change are due to the account type and it being on a very old legacy product. Is there any way that your Mum would be able to call and speak with the team?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
cslogg
Dabbler

My mum is 90 and I have all the account details,password,acc.number,email etc.Even if I gave her those details I doubt if she could manage the change.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Lauren,

Could Plusnet setup a 3 way call to sort this? Elsewhere we see offers of getting COTS to call the customer - could they facilitate a 3 party call?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cslogg
Dabbler

Well hopefully it is now done.I gave my mum password,username etc and she phoned them.I need to wait a week before checking online.

Thanks all for your help

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm glad to hear that there's been some progress made here Smiley As mentioned above in the thread we're somewhat limited in how much support we can offer given the circumstances of this case, but if there are any issues then just let us know and we'll be happy to review it further.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team