Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Calls offer -Scam or Slam

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Free Calls offer -Scam or Slam

Today I received a cold call ( despite being on TPS ) from this number: 02393 760038. The person did not  give a company name but she  said she was ringing about my BT Openreach phone service  and  checking that I was receiving  free telephone calls .
I started to question her  as I already have a Plusnet  inclusive Calls Package. She said Openreach provide everyone's lines but  that I could still get  free calls. I replied that I didn't need another free package and she said he would update her systems. Worryingly she knew my name, address and phone number and implied that I already have an account with whoever  the company is.
I checked out the number (02393 760038) and many people suggest it is   a scam and apparently they try to get bank details and eventually take over the telephone line , so the advice is not to speak to these people .
Some suggest it is a Slamming con , which means  may try to take over control of the line from your provider, BT, Plus Net or whoever .
Has anyone else had this company call? If so I suggest you do not speak to them or give them details
5 REPLIES 5
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Free Calls offer -Scam or Slam

Thanks for this, mentioning it to the higher-ups (if it's within our jurisdiction).
I've found one link, but are you able to tell me any other links you found discussing this while looking it up?
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

https://www.shouldianswer.co.uk/phone-number/02393760038 seems to confirm telemarketing/scam/slamming
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
runhare
Aspiring Pro

https://www.shouldianswer.co.uk/phone-number/02393760038 is the answer I found too.
I have complained to TPS as well
Thanks Matty,  can you also please make sure with the higher ups that  my phone account is not slammed or taken over? !! I could not deal with the stress it would cause
runhare
Aspiring Pro

ringing this company back it identifies as Calls Unlimited - It may be a genuine company of course
http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08452866741
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: gpsmout
Thanks Matty,  can you also please make sure with the higher ups that  my phone account is not slammed or taken over? !! I could not deal with the stress it would cause

I can gladly tell you that nobody has touched (or is in the process of touching) your line since we removed caller display back in 2013  Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet