Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Caller Display

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Free Caller Display

I only caught up on this topic last night accidentally, in another forum about scam calls. I Googled and found out the details wrt Plusnet, including seeing a post on here somewhere saying: "Everyone has been emailed about it".

I don't know what happened about that because it wasn't working on my phone and I never received such an email, unless it was buried in a promo email which I hadn't bothered to look at in detail!

Something funny seems to have happened in the past though because, some while ago now, I got a persistent message on by phone display saying "1 New Call", which I had never seen before. Pressing the button to list called numbers has only ever come up with the single odd number(?) "1234567890", nothing since.

Anyway, after confirming it wasn't working last night, I logged on to my account and turned it on. This morning it is working as intended.

I wonder if some other people are similarly still unaware of this? Could it be in my case because, while already a Plusnet subscriber, I started a new contract on 13 June?

6 REPLIES 6
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Free Caller Display

Hi @pvmb,

The caller display service went free with ourselves from the 5th June 2018. A notification of this was issued out in May this year, this is the copy that was emailed out for your account. Actually this change was made as a response to Ofcom requiring caller display to be made a free service with all phone provider from August this year. 

I'm not sure why you were receiving that odd message on your handset, but it doesn't appear that would be related to the caller display feature in any way from your description.

pvmb
Aspiring Pro

OK. But "this" isn't a copy of any email I've been sent, it's just a link to the Member Centre log on page. If I log on it's my account, so...

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @pvmb,

That link takes you to a secure page that once you log in displays a service notice containing the information that caller display is free from June 2018. 

pvmb
Aspiring Pro

...well, it still doesn't!

But as Caller Display is now working on my phone, may as well just leave it all as another mystery.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @pvmb

Sorry to hear that it isn't showing the link for you, I'll get this fed back. However, glad to here that caller display is working for you once again. Please let us know should you have any further issues.

pvmb
Aspiring Pro

@pvmb wrote:

Something funny seems to have happened in the past though because, some while ago now, I got a persistent message on by phone display saying "1 New Call", which I had never seen before. Pressing the button to list called numbers has only ever come up with the single odd number(?) "1234567890", nothing since.

Hah! Just found out what was responsible for that "1234567890" number. It is the number reported on call back from a locally initiated line test.

Similarly -

Ring Back via 17070: reports as 0800 3289393
Ring Back direct: reports as WITHELD