Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Call from "BT"

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Fraudulent Call from "BT"

Hi all,

Just to let you all know that today I had a call from a foreign sounding person telling me that he was from BT Head Office and to inform me that there were people using my internet connection etc. etc. 

I knew he was lying because my caller display had shown it to be a foreign call, but displaying UK's mobile number 077********.  I had told him immediately that he was a "con merchant" and he should stop it immediately.  He passed the call to his supervisor, who after an exchange of few words, including my calling him a con merchant, he threatened me that he will disconnect my internet connection immediately.  I dared him to do just that.

As you can guess, nothing has happened, so far.

So, guys be vigilant  when you get a call under the pretext of BT internet service.

Any one else have had such calls it would be interesting to compare the notes.

I think some action is needed in this area of fraud.

Many regards and please stay safe.

Chandu.

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Fraudulent Call from "BT"

Not news; has been happening for many a year.
The Indian accent is the give away, besides the piffle they spew.
I have an ACME THUNDERER whistle by the phone; whilst scammer is in full flow, I give em a full blast!
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

One good response whilst they are in mid flow is to ask them to move their head bit to get into the right light and profile for your remote camera to record the converation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@Gel  and @MauriceC ,

Thank you very much for your helpful suggestion.  I may use bothe suggestion/s next time round.

Thank you guys.

Regards and stay safe.

Chandu.