cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forthcoming offer on BTHome Phone with Advanced Call Blocker

JohnofYork
Grafter

Forthcoming offer on BTHome Phone with Advanced Call Blocker

I like the sound of this offer, but we already have a quartet of working Panasonic phones which do not need replacing. Anyone know if we can add one of these call-blocking phones to our current set-up?

or would we need to replace our existing phones as well?

cheers

John

3 REPLIES 3
JohnofYork
Grafter

Re: Forthcoming offer on BTHome Phone with Advanced Call Blocker

Well I never expected it to be this difficult a question to get an answer to this ....

Shocked

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

No idea, it would probably depend which Panasonic Phones you have and what you wanted to do with them.

As I understand it, the smarts for the call blocking is in the base station, and the handsets are simply DECT units probably with specific features).

I would suspect that if you got the BT unit and used its base station as your main  phone, then you could probably connect the Panasonic handsets ( assuming they are standard DECT phones) to the BT base and have them make and answer calls. You would probably get call blocking but only have very limited control over it from the Panasonic handsets. More extended features like Answerphone and phone book synchronisation probably wouldn't work.

I have two varieties of DECT handsets connected to my BT base station (not a call blocker) . Both make calls but only the original handsets that came with the base station will control the answerphone, show missed calls etc.

JohnofYork
Grafter

Thanks Wisty

as far as I know, the Panasonics handsets are DECT - but I'd probably have to dig out the manual ...

cheers

John

ps any relation to the renowned E L Wisty ? Cool