cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed price contract ending, leaving Plusnet. Transfer number to VOIP provider, but...when?

FIXED
c128

Fixed price contract ending, leaving Plusnet. Transfer number to VOIP provider, but...when?

Hi,

I've a fixed price broadband + landline phone 18 month contract with Plusnet that's coming to an end at the start of April - I intend to leave then, as the new prices/deals aren't economical for me.  I have also paid line rental saver up until the end of September, so a while after my contract will end.

I already have fibre broadband with Virgin, and have done for some time.

Anyway...I'd like to port my existing landline number from Plusnet to a new VOIP provider as soon as I can, but I don't want to automatically/accidentally terminate my Plusnet broadband + landline fixed price contract early and incur a termination fee.

So, I guess my questions are:

* Do I have to "time" when I request my new VOIP provider to start the number transfer from Plusnet so that it happens as my Plusnet contract ends/shortly after, or can I somehow do this earlier without auto-terminating my Plusnet contract as a result?

* Will my line rental saver by refundable from when I leave Plusnet?  I'll be out of contract at that point.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Fixed price contract ending, leaving Plusnet. Transfer number to VOIP provider, but...when?

Fix

@c128 wrote:

* Do I have to "time" when I request my new VOIP provider to start the number transfer from Plusnet so that it happens as my Plusnet contract ends/shortly after, or can I somehow do this earlier without auto-terminating my Plusnet contract as a result?

You’ll need to transfer the number after your contract’s ended to avoid a termination fee

* Will my line rental saver by refundable from when I leave Plusnet?  I'll be out of contract at that point.

Line rental saver is non refundable 

c128

Re: Fixed price contract ending, leaving Plusnet. Transfer number to VOIP provider, but...when?

Thanks - I guess this is mostly as I expected.

Given the line rental saver situation (I had totally forgotten that I had done this - the joys of an 18 month contract meaning a 6 month "overhang" at the end Sad ) I suppose it's probably just worth me lingering on with Plusnet for a little bit anyway, out of contract, and then just transferring the number/terminating at some point.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Deleted

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'