Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First day with Plusnet - BT number not transferred

FIXED
Steven_Thompson
Dabbler

First day with Plusnet - BT number not transferred

Hi - our line was transferred from BT this morning but the number hasn't as yet come across. Does this take time to complete, or is there a problem that needs to be raised?

I've tried tweeting this to you but have had no response.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: First day with Plusnet - BT number not transferred

Hi Steven.

Apologies for the late response, your message via twitter will be responded to separately.

It's normal for renumbers to complete by midnight on the date of transfer. I would expect the line to be fully functioning tomorrow.

If you experience any issues, please do come back to us.

Steven_Thompson
Dabbler

Just spoken to an advisor who told me that the original order was wrong and he has only now asked BT for our old number, which can take up to 10 days.

Not a good start.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

I can see we're renumbering the line back to the number it was and that's due to complete tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Steven_Thompson
Dabbler

The phone number was transferred by this morning, so thank you for resolving the issue quickly.  Caller display also working.

Our experience does highlight a lack of consistency in messages given out by advisors though.  Please consider that issue to help improve the service to customers in the future.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm glad to hear you've got your number back, and I'm sorry for the lack of consistency.

As always I welcome feedback so I'll make sure the calls are listened to and feedback passed on accordingly where appropriate.

If you need any further assistance at all, please let me know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet