cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally

robert1935
Grafter

Finally

Finally had my line fault repaired, nearly a month without a phone, do I qualify for a rebate on my line rental Roll_eyes it was the capacitor in the master socket that had blown.
I purchased a new phone, one with an answer machine built in, will the the messaging service provided as part of my package conflict with the built in one ?
Regards Bob
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Finally

Hi Bob,
I'm just arranging a refund for you for the downtime.
will the the messaging service provided as part of my package conflict with the built in one ?

It can so I'll get an order placed for you (should complete by Monday) to turn our voice mail off for you.
I'll update ticket 79805991 shortly
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Apprentice
Grafter

On two occasions four months apart when an element within the OR master socket failed the repairs were completed around five days later, that was when I had my line and calls with BT.
Hope it won't take any longer for such repairs to be completed by OR now that the line and calls are with Plusnet. Wink
robert1935
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi Bob,
I'm just arranging a refund for you for the downtime.
will the the messaging service provided as part of my package conflict with the built in one ?

It can so I'll get an order placed for you (should complete by Monday) to turn our voice mail off for you.
I'll update ticket 79805991 shortly

Thank you for such a speedy reply to my post, I did pose the question of a rebate with tongue in cheek, but thank you, much appreciated.
Regards the voice mail, it is turned off at this moment in time, but have just requested that it be turned back on, because not very happy with the built in answer machine, its really crappy, and it goes back to PC world tomorrow.
The reason it took so long to effect a repair to the line was because due to the bad weather floods etc, BT are inundated with complaints and have had to second engineers from other areas.
Regards Bob
jim:green quote fixed mod:end
robert1935
Grafter

Hi,
Just an update, the problem was, whilst I was away on holiday over the Christmas period, the phone line was struck by lightening, fortunately I had disconnected everything from the master socket, something I don't normally do,( I wonder what made me do it this time)
Anyway the strike blew the capacitor in the main socket, didn't notice at first cos I could dial out OK , and lack of incoming calls didn't. register. (just thought no one wanted to talk to me)
Just wondered what this meant on my last post....Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  quote fixed ]
Regards Bob
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I can't remember the details but it usually means that the quote tags were incorrect or one of them was missing so screwing up the post