cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Straw

Galdere
Grafter

Final Straw

I've today been charged for approx £45 of duplicate calls during the month.
My phone is barred and I've been charged an admin fee. It was caused by duplicate phone calls from last week being doubled up on my account today.
I ring up and the people I speak to don't know if I'll be charged for them or not, change their mind lying about how it will be temporarily dealt with and pretend they cant hear me and hang up.
I've had a year of hell with PN. If a PN staff ever has the time or inclination, have a look at the problems I've been given by PN in the ticket history. You could use it as a case study of how not to do things in almost every regard.
I know PN staff on the forum deal with things better. Can you please ensure I don't get charged an extra £45 approx that I haven't even used etc?
Sorry, but I've just requested my MAC code and I'm changing phone provider.
I spent £282.19 with PN last month. Clearly I am a valued customer.
18 REPLIES 18
Mand
Grafter

Re: Final Straw

Hi there,
This is part of the published problem with call processing. All the duplicate calls have now been removed, your service should be active and the call barring admin fee will not be charged.
I'm really sorry about the issues you've had and if there's anything at all I can do to help please let me know.
Galdere
Grafter

Thanks for the quick response and your help.
I appreciate you replying to the other open ticket as well. I'm sure you'll agree that there is an issue with it that goes beyond my experience.
I really wanted to stay with PN, and it's not the regular problems that are stopping me, as a good portion of those have been caused by Openreach, but the way they are frequently dealt with.
I simply don't have the time or remaining sanity to play the lottery of your CS and then trust that the next person it will be thrown along to can even read what is going on with it.
I've also had other offensive stuff happen, like the obviously purposeful lies. Yesterday when I asked about how this was going to be dealt with I was told by the guy he had no idea when or how. When I said that wasn't really good enough he clearly just made things up as to why it couldn't and then suddenly how it would. I then questioned how he could change his mind instantly, and he said that he couldn't hear me, to which I replied during thirty seconds of him putting his fingers in his ears, that I wasn't falling for that, so he began to listen again. He was so offensive and wouldn't let me speak to a supervisor that I rang back to ask another CSA if I could speak to a manager. The next one (different guy) asked for my postcode and then very quickly said "problem with line..can't hear you..bye" in about 3 seconds.
I have never rung up unless I have to. I have never opened a ticket unless there is a genuine problem that is not of my doing.
So I have to go now because of tickets 27699069, 27701814, 27825763, 27838511, 27843939, 27886191, 27946773, 28792884, 28830838, 30054630, 30501394, 30612861, 31843624 and other things like that above for which there is no ticket description.
The forum staff here are great btw and I really do wish wish I could have remained a PN customer. I hope to never have to contact the CS of my next provider.
Mand
Grafter

I'm sorry it's come to you going elsewhere, but I can see there's been a lot gone wrong, and we really haven't shown our best in terms of customer service.
FWIW I'll be going through the recent contacts on your account and sending feedback to the appropriate managers, and I'm happy to deal with any subsequent issues you have personally, however I understand if it's gone beyond that point now.
Galdere
Grafter

I have been sent an email today saying I am to be charged an extra £5,76 (the cost of the home phone barring admin fee) with no explanation why.
Any idea please?
Not applicable

Not much use, I know, but you have my sympathy Galdere.  Telephone billing complaints seem to be a recurring theme.
I too had problems which I solved by going back to BT on a special offer, but remaining with PN for broadband. Alright, I have two bills on DD instead of one but am in pocket, with no billing problems and have free call features which I would have had to pay for with PN.
Wish I hadn't had to bother, but there we are. Hope that you have a better time with your new company.
Galdere
Grafter

Thanks Poppy Smiley
I've lost my preference of a single billing for both now with where I've gone as well, but I'm hoping it will be worth it.
All the email I received says is that it is actually for my internet. Are they entitled to charge extra for me changing over?
If I'd had been informed as to what exactly it is for I wouldn't have even asked.
EDIT: I will say in PN's favour that I did receive my MAC code in less than 24 hours. Maybe Mand had something to do with that though. Smiley
Mand
Grafter

I've had the £5.76 written off.
As I said, I'm really sorry it's come to this, but I can understand why you're leaving.
Teds31
Grafter

What a shocking state of affairs,make you wonder whats going on. Sad
Galdere
Grafter

Mand!!
They are trying to charge me for that bloody £5.76 over a month after I've left.
They didn't fully refund what I had paid in advance for when I left, but I didn't bother complaining, nor did they refund til I asked.
Read this please:
"I'm sorry to tell you that unfortunately we haven't taken payment for your February subscription.
This was caused by a technical problem that has now been resolved.
If you check your bank statements for February you'll be able to confirm that your regular Direct Debit payment to Plusnet PLC has not been debited from your bank. Please do check your statement and if you believe this is not the case raise us a ticket at http://www.plus.net/go.html/dd_contact
If you take a look at the View Transactions link at http://my.plus.net you'll find that the invoice for February is incorrectly showing that payment has been taken.

What happens now?
-----------------
We will be taking the outstanding payment of £5.76 on or around the 2nd April.
We recognise that this could be a problem for you. If you have any questions or comments regarding this please raise us a ticket at http://www.plus.net/go.html/dd_contact
I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused to you."
It says to raise a ticket if I disagree, but I can't raise a ticket because they just removed my login account.
PLEASE HELP. It's only £5.76 but I am not putting up with this now I've gone.
Thanks
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've got that cancelled off, don't worry about it (it's an auto email from a system problem).
Incidentally, if you've got your refund that we processed a few weeks ago I'll remove the billing details from your account and get it closed off fully?
Galdere
Grafter

If you think that is best, then please do so.
Thanks again for all your help.
Mand
Grafter

Done. Smiley
Galdere
Grafter

MAND!!
I have just been charged for that £5.76!!!
What the hell is going on?Huh
This is beyond a joke.
I think you should refund me everything I am due and a small compensatory amount and whoever is lying to deserves to be *!*!*
I never owed this in the first place. It was all because of a cock up and they just keep trying and trying no matter what you do.
Grrrrr..... Is it any wonder I left?
I do not appreciate having this stolen from me.
Galdere
Grafter

Can a staff member reply to this please.
Thanks