cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre working but no phone

Craig4646

Fibre working but no phone

Hi,
I have got an issue with my phone line at the moment there is no dail tone and I am unable to make / receive calls. However the internet is working without a problem.
Any ideas what the problem could be?
Best Regards
Craig.
11 REPLIES 11
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Fibre working but no phone

Hi Craig
Sorry to hear you've no dial tone. I've carried out a line test and it's showing there is an issue on your line. I've raised this to our suppliers for further investigation and our faults team will contact you shortly. Once we have more information, we'll update the ticket for you.
Thanks Smiley
Alex
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
aqya56

I have the exact same problem
Sarah63
Dabbler

And me!! although I'm not too sure I even have cable. Just an intermittent internet connection and certainly no phone - for a week now!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Quote from: aqya56
I have the exact same problem

aqya56,
I've asked for a little further information for you. There is a potential fault, but I just need clarity on a couple of points (see the other thread).

Quote from: Sarah63
And me!! although I'm not too sure I even have cable. Just an intermittent internet connection and certainly no phone - for a week now!

Sarah,
Your fault is with Openreach at the moment. I'll check the account and update the ticket in a moment.

Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Sarah,
Your phone fault is reported as being fixed. Can you confirm?
I can see your broadband is far from fixed, (it's intermittent and slow) but we'll pick this up once we know your phone is working. I've sent an SMS on your account. If you want to reply to it, update the ticket or reply here and we'll ensure we move on to the next stage of diagnostics/resolution.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
dstrider

I have the exact same problem as Craig4646.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi dstrider,
I'm hoping that this should be resolved for you on the day of your engineer appointment on Monday.
Keep us posted with updates Smiley
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
dstrider

My phone is now working Smiley the fault was in the cable outside across the road from me.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great to hear dstrider. Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know Smiley
Bmigueis

I have the same problem. Fibre working fine but no dial tone. How can this be fixed?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Bmigueis,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your phone service. I can see that you called our Support team this morning and they've now raised the fault to our suppliers who have advised that the estimated repair time is by midnight on 30/10/14. Let us know if you require any further assistance.