cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre/Internet on, but no phone yet....

nis999

Fibre/Internet on, but no phone yet....

My fibre line was installed by Open Reach yesterday, and I am connected to the Internet, but the phone is still dead. Please advise when the land-line phone will be working (I am keeping my old number from our previous property, <number removed>)
Thanks
Bob Hutt
ps I sent this message to the "message assistant", but the average response time was displayed as over 47 hours, so I'm hoping I can get a quicker response here...
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  number removed but noted for staff ]
6 REPLIES 6
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Fibre/Internet on, but no phone yet....

Suggest you edit your post to remove your phone number!
Is the line completely dead or is there dial tone?  What did the installation engineer say when he tested the line?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

There's been a delay due to engineering issues, I assume that this is due to the latest MBORC (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control) due to the recent spell of poor weather. We have been advised that a further update should be available by the end of the day today. I'll check on your order again tomorrow for you and let you know how we are getting on with the provide.
nis999

The engineer said that his work was complete, but that PlusNet had to connect me in the local exchange (so presumably weather shouldn't hold this up), and that the delay is probably because I was taking my old number with me. He said it should be on by 6pm (yesterday) or by today at latest.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The delay could be due to the weather as the engineers that complete this part of the work could be assigned to work at a different part of our suppliers network where is a higher work stack. As I say, I'll get a further update for you no later than tomorrow morning and update you on the progress.
nis999

8th Nov and still no phone - my biggest concern is that if people call my number they are getting a messaging service saying that "The person you are calling is on the phone" and inviting them to leave a message (which I cannot retrieve). Everyone will therefore think I am not bothering to call them back. Its now 14 Days since I moved and the old line was switched off, potentially that could be a lot of messages. Is there any way of switching off the messaging service till the line is fixed?
nis999

Final note to say thanks, everything fixed. My Internet connection went off this afternoon, Open Reach turned up an hour ago and the guy said "I've just sorted your phone line". When I told him about the Fibre going off, he said he hadn't worked on the Fibre box, and Fibre wasn't even on his listing for our property, but he could not have been more helpful- although it wasn't on his job sheet he spent another half hour out in the pouring rain fixing it, came back in the house and tested the line. Everything is fine and the fibre is now flying.
Bob