Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty phone needing divert

FIXED
anthonyw
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Faulty phone needing divert

My phone has not been working for 8 days.  This has been reported and it looks like it will take some time to resolve.  3 days ago I asked if calls going to the faulty phone could be diverted to my mobile.  This was agreed but has still to happen. Is there anyway this can occur? I am elderly and receive calls from the GP and hospitals which I need to receive. 

8 REPLIES 8
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: Faulty phone needing divert

Hi @anthonyw

Thanks for your time on phone. As stated during call, I have removed this call divert which was already set up and placed ordered to set it up again. This should be completed within 2 hours. If you could please check later today if calls will be diverted correctly.

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience.

anthonyw
Dabbler

Sorry still no divert in place.  I wonder if the fault on the phone means that divert is not possible?

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Thanks for getting back in touch @anthonyw

Temporary call divert is feature which can be added only when there is open fault so looks like issue may be due to current status of fault, not fault itself.

This feature is attached to fault so once it is fixed - divert is automatically removed.

Due to fact that this approach for some reason is not working - I have placed work around order to manually divert calls from your line to mobile number you've provided.

I really hope that this order will be completed shortly. It is currently in  "pending" status which is good start as it was not rejected.

anthonyw
Dabbler

Thanks for this.  The divert is now working for me which is very helpful especially regarding calls from GP etc.  I am wondering why my line problem is not an 'open fault' as I would like the divert to be removed once the repair from Openreach has happened.  Thanks for your time in dealing with this

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @anthonyw, it is an open fault however, it's current in an 'implementing solution' state which is what my colleague may have been referring to.

I'm glad the divert is working and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
anthonyw
Dabbler

Thanks for this and your help in getting the divert arranged.  I hope it will not be too many weeks before the line is repaired and the divert can be lifted. 

anthonyw
Dabbler

Fix

Openreach was here this morning.  Initially they said that the job was not able to be done and went away.  A little while later I had a phone call saying that another colleague was free and they could do the job now.  Laid new cablining over the roof of my block to my flat and all fixed.  Engineer lifted the divert to my mobile. They were here for 3 hours and a brilliant job from Openreach.  All sorted

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for the update @anthonyw, I'm glad this is sorted. I have also removed the call divert from our side (as was still showing as live).

Please do just get back to us if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team