cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault with phone line since yesterday

Squire316

Fault with phone line since yesterday

Hello. There has been no dial tone through my phone line since yesterday. I tried calling last night but there were long waiting times. Can you acknowledge there is a known issue in the Uxbridge area as I've seen others tweeting about it.

Thanks
Andrew
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fault with phone line since yesterday

There's an outage in the Uxbridge area, due to be resolved later this evening. Sorry for the issues.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Squire316

Thanks for the reply - I appreciate it, puts my mind at rest. I think it would be a great benefit to announce these outages as I think a fair few people have been scrambling about trying to find out what's going on. I came to the website and only saw mentions of planned outages. 

Chris
Legend

We don't generally post outages about single exchange, we get a very large amount of notifications of exchange problems and to post them all would take a lot of manpower as we don't have an automated way of doing these at the moment.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Squire316

Ok. Did the work at the exchange take place as planned? Nothing has changed at my end. I'd be very grateful if I can have my Internet back for the weekend.
Chris
Legend

Not the best news I'm afraid, the cause of the outage is quite complicated to resolve and Openreach have engineers working to fix this and reroute lines to get as many people back online asap. The latest update we have is:

Anticipated CLEAR DATE:

25/10/2016

Anticipated CLEAR TIME:

12:00

mrfrank

I appreciate you do not post issues affecting a sigle exchange, however I had to raise a ticket to Plusnet on Wednesday, since my internet was down starting at Wednesday 2:40am, which is exactly when a 3rd Party contractor of Network Railway cut through a trunk of over 10,000 fibre cables whilst doing some underground work.

There are over 6500 users affected in Uxbridge and West Drayton area, so it is hardly a small issue with a single exchange, as internet is down everywhere in the area, including businesses and not only with Plusnet, but all internet operators except Virgin.

I spent quite a long time trying to figure out what was going on or if it was an issue with my equipiment, I had to chat on line with Plunet support as nobody was answering my ticket, etc....

If you could simply put a notice on your website, or even just a sticky post in the comunity forum, it would be nice, so it would also stop users raising more and more tickets in your system and save you time and money in the process.

Not to mention that I am going to start a request for compensation, by means of discounting my next bill for each day that my internet will be down. Already 3 days so far and it looks it is going to be at least a week before we get internet back, if not more, given the gravity of the outage. BT OpenReach are trying to re-route the connections via nearby exchanges until they can full restore the orignal cabling: http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status/

And even then, the broadband speeds we may be getting may not be the same as before the outage, until the lines are fully restored to the Uxbridge exchange.

Cheers.