Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault waiting to happen

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Fault waiting to happen

Hi I would welcome some advice please.

My phone and broadband  are working fine at the moment. However I noticed the other day something looked odd with the drop wire from the pole across the road, to my house so took some photos with a zoom lens ( see attached).

The wire seems to have split but its still held by the steel cables inside. I feel sure that there will be trouble soon enough. Would Openreach be proactive and repair this now or do i have to wait for the line to fail and be without phone and broadband. I live out in a rural area so mobile phone and data is patchy to say the least - usually non-existent.

IMG_4637s.JPG

IMG_4636s.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fault waiting to happen

Assuming the loop is facing downward that's a great place for water to gather then freeze and this will only serve to exacerbate the issue, but I have a feeling you'll need to wait on a failure before it's fixed.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @the_groundsman,

Yes I am afraid we cannot raise it as a fault unless it is service affecting which it isn't from what I can see.

Please let us know if anything changes so we can raise it to our suppliers for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

You could report it direct to openreach now

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

Theres a form and a phone number there depending on your preference