Did you mean: 

Fault service woes

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Fault service woes

Thanks for getting back to me Brian.
Once the fault has been resolved, we'll be in touch and we will discuss this in more depth and I we'll get something sorted out for you.
brianwright22
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Well after receiving this from the Plusnet team.
QUOTE ,Our suppliers have reported that your fault is being treated as a high priority and an engineer has been allocated to carry out further work on your line today between 1PM and 6PM. We expect further updates to be available following the work due to be carried out today.
I will now place this ticket on hold until tomorrow as we await further updates from our suppliers. We will be in touch within 72 hours of this ticket being released.
Why do you keep referring  to,(an engineer has been allocated to carry out FURTHER WORK)This is terrible, its not further work because it has not been started yet in 4 weeks of being informed of the fault.
It is also obvious that no engineer has ever been allocated to this fault, despite Plusnet telling me on at least eight separate occasions that they had.
I supect that BT have not even had the decency to inform Plusnet that they have done nothing.
Waiting for your 72 hours before you reply is B------s. The time delay will take your failed lack of grip on situation  into the 4th WEEK without  me having a land line. You are no nearer to getting the fault fixed since  you were first informed of the problem on March 12th 2013.
Regards Brian Wright
brianwright22
Grafter

Hi Chris, I hope you have a nice Easter break.
I received the automated usual reply as you are aware,  my phone line fault did not get looked into as promised.
Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:19am, Friday 29 Mar 2013We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 67019213 ] has now been returned to the BOT - Phone Faults Escalations pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.
My Reply.
Your Response
9:33am, Friday 29 Mar 2013
You really have got a nerve. Why would you LIKE to inform me that the fault has not been rectified or even looked into. I would had hoped you are VERY SORRY!. Better still please explain why your suppliers either BT & sometimes Openreach will not even look at the job,when you have informed me many times that an engineer will look into my faulty line. If someone had actually the courtesy to look into the fault it probably will only take them five minutes to fix. At this rate it will never get rectified.
Your response has been only slightly encouraging when you at last elevated my fault as a priority, about 10 days ago(if I can believe that). I'm of the frame of mind that I do not believe anything you now say.
I have spent ages on your web fault ticket site trying to get my phone line back and its been a complete waste of my time. You may be UK based but you have no control on the reliability of the package you are selling. There are too many "middlemen" actually being very helpfull but actually achieving nothing.
Its now a bank holiday for four days so just think what its like to have most of my family unable to contact me or me to talk to them. Why do you think I signed up for your ANY TIME phone package?.
I'm not accepting the BT engineer shortage in the Maidenhead area,  you told me about because the are not short of engineers to install new equipment.I assume that this will make them far more profit than worrying about my contract reliabilty.?
Regards Brian Wright
Our Support Team will respond to your question soon. Please only add further comments when when you are TOTALLY FED UP
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Brian, why on earth are you using a mobile network that charges 40p/min for calls when you could get a free SIM for one that only costs 8p a minute?
brianwright22
Grafter

Thats a mute point.
I suppose as my wife & I are on o2 ,pay as you go  we only "normally" use the mobiles for texts and the occasional quick emergency call there has not been the need to change. The high costs are when the mobile calls are made during the peak times,0800- 18.00hrs ,I think. They are a lot cheaper at evening times & weekends.
Are you sure that the 8p per minute is at peak times and without  a connection fee for each call?
I would like to know what network you are referring to as you say it may be wothwhile us changing.
Thanks for your help,Regards Brian
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

brianwright22
Grafter

I appreciate this info Jim.
Brian
Anotherone
Champion

Brian, you must be on a very old tariff so you may find the attached useful.
The website is http://petef.22web.org/payg.html but not always on-line.
If your phones are locked to O2, you'll have to try SIMs that use O2's network, otherwise you have a bigger choice - pick the network that gives you the best signal in the places you may wish to use it.
Watch the Ts&Cs for some tariffs, the top-up may only last a month, others are indefinite as long as you make a chargeable call or text or top-up every 180 days.
brianwright22
Grafter

Yes I afraid they are almost as old as me!!, Thanks for the info Anotherone.
It may come in handy when the Plusnet system faults again.
Regards Brian
brianwright22
Grafter

Quote Anotherone,
Quote Old Jim.
Many thanks to you both , I have looked into all the options you have both suggested and will opt for the Tesco's Lite package. It appears from their web site that we can retain both our mobile numbers by requesting a Pac code from o2. As both of our current provider is o2 we should receive the same coverage with theTesco package @ 8p /min.
I would rather have my landline working though My.Plusnet phone fault has agian been returned to BOT and any avtion now due to the Bank Holiday will not commence to at least Tuesday.
Although I have just returned from picking up my daily paper & I caught a glimpse of the arse of a Open reach engineer sticking out of the Green cabinet ascociated with my phone/broadband line. I gather keeping the BT shareholders happy  whilst another New customer is connected up!!
Regards Brian
Anotherone
Champion

You never know your luck Brian, they may be out working today.
If you want to stay on the O2 network, you may want to look at Lycamobile, I'm still checking out the Ts&Cs, especially if most of your calls are to your wife. You can port your existing number to any Network.
Unfortunately Tesco want 99p for a SIM card (that's what I was told yesterday) although I already have one.
Edit: I note the table at petef.22web is out of date for Lyca Landline calls and they are now 5p/min.
Anotherone
Champion

A bit more digging suggests they use O2 and Orange networks  Shocked  I think I will have to ring them for more info. At the moment I can't see a reason not to port one of my numbers to them when I've used up existing credit!
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@brianwright22
Saturday is a normal working day for OR, so the guy you saw was probably working on a fault. You should have asked him...
Also, in times of high repair stack, priority is given to repairs rather than new installs.
brianwright22
Grafter

You surprise me Jaggies, But many thanks for your interest. Regards, Brian.
It would appear from my last post received from Plusnet today that BT/OR have not had any Engineer to investigate my fault .despite the suppliers promise on eight separate days over the past 18 days to urgently fix it.
As you can see Plusnet have stated that More Information will be available next Tuseday.There has been absolutely no urgency on BT's behalf even though Plusnet have stated that my fault has been raised  their highest urgency.
It would appear that every  promise by BT/OR to Plusnet has been broken and that the ticket has always been returned to BOT (Bottom of Tray) as far as I'm concerned. There has never been an apology by BT/OR or a reason why they have not even looked into my faulty phone line.
I would understand more if they had tried to repair the fault but not one engineer has investigated my fault as promised by them on EIGHT separate occasions.
Plusnet update Today.
- CSC Analyst
10:26am, Saturday 30 Mar 2013Dear Mr Wright,
Thank you for getting back to us.
BT advised us that more information will be available on 02/04 as this is when the team dealing with this will be back in the office, apologies that we cant get this information any sooner for you.
I am placing this ticket back on hold until that time, we will be in contact within 72 hours of this time.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Tuesday 2nd April at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - Phone Faults Escalations until this time.
Kind regards,
Anotherone
Champion

Re: Lycamobile, this needs a lot more research. There has been a number of issues as recent as late 2011 where T-mobile customers were charged International rates for calling Lyca numbers. This seemed to be because of the way some of the Network operators treated Lyca as a non-UK mobile. At the time OFCOM did their usual trick of "nothing to do with us" but I've not found anything since that time, but searches haven't been exhaustive, things may now be resolved, especially as Lyca supposedly use the O2 and Orange (and therefore EE/T-mobile) networks!