cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault on phone line

Tempting
Grafter

Fault on phone line

We have nothing on our telephone line so I have been through the process of running the line checker. Since I got 'Oops, something seems to have gone wrong' and I should telephone the 0800 number. Since I have no phone and customer support is closed until 07:30  I ran the line checker again and then once more just to be sure.

I have just received notification by email that there is a fault external to my premises and it should be resolved in 1-3 days...the only problem is because the web page returned an 'Oops, something seems to have gone wrong' I received the same email 3 times with 3 different reference numbers.

Perhaps if the return on the web page was more informative and not tell me something had gone wrong, this would reduce the number of false tickets being raised.

Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
DanDanDan
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Fault on phone line

I think this is a glitch on their side - once you raise a fault, if you repeat the process it gets confused and gives you an error. But the initial email means that at least one report got through and is being dealt with Smiley 

Tempting
Grafter

I could fully understand that but I received the 'Opps.....' error on my first submission as well so this is not explained by a 'glitch' due to multiple submissions.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Sorry that the test produced a non-meaningful error for you, the fault was reported to us. I can see we passed this to Openreach and have been advised an engineer fixed a fault in the network today. Are you still having the same issues?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Tempting
Grafter

I can confirm my phone once again has a line connected to it and is therefore working.

Less than 24 hours to fix, good service, well done and many thanks.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear that's been sorted. Thanks for confirming Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet