Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault located between DP and customer apparatus

Madron
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Fault located between DP and customer apparatus

Hi

I have just logged an issue with my phone as have no dialling tone - have line cord error.

Plusnet have completed checks and emailed me to say 'fault located between DP and customer apparatus.

Sorry for sounding daft but what does this mean in simple terms?  General fault on the line? x

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fault located between DP and customer apparatus

@Madron - Well my guess would be that DP either means distribution pole or point and the customer apparatus would I suspect be the master socket in your house. With that said it could be a breaking wire or bad connections, so I hope that helps.

Minivanman
Legend

So it could be anywhere between the phone and the exchange? I had all this sort of ambiguous palava when they investigated my phone line fault. Confused? So where the many BT 'engineers'.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman - So you're thinking that the 'customer apparatus' is in the exchange then and not the master socket, that kind of makes sense I guess.

Madron
Hooked

Thank you everyone for your replies.

@Anonymous, if it were a problem with the master socket, would there not be a problem with my internet connection as well?  I am connected to a router and don't have any problems with connecting to the internet.  Hopefully will find out soon! xx

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Madron - Ah! well until @Minivanman mooted the idea that the customer apparatus could be in the exchange I did think it might have included your master socket and what was connected to it. Taking the term customer apparatus literally would mean stuff that belonged to you, and as you don't own anything in the exchange...

Minivanman
Legend

I never said that the customer apparatus was the exchange 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman - No you didn't, I simply misunderstood your post. Tongue

Minivanman
Legend

Thank you. Smiley

Herman Melville