cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault at Exchange = line rental compensation?

dhumble
Grafter

Fault at Exchange = line rental compensation?

Just a enquiry.  First, I had to take a whole day off work on 19th May whilst a BT Open Reach engineer moved me to FTTC.  He started shortly after 10a.m. and finished at 5:15p.m.  It took that long because of a broken strap (?) between the two cabinets (Analog and FTTC?).  Then twice when the team came to fir this new strap and went away, it failed the engineers testing and so third time lucky and I had a telephone line again.  So, almost a whole day without a telephone line although I knew that I would be without one for up to four hours.
Then last Thursday I returned home to find the telephone line dead.  I reported the fault and PN on Friday morning.  After a brief test they said that it was an Exchange fault.  It was fixed this morning.
Now maybe a few days without a telephone isn't much but I just wondered for future reference, now that BT own PlusNet.  What is the SLA on BT faults and do we get compensation in respect of a line rental refund?
Thanks, David.
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Fault at Exchange = line rental compensation?

There are some jolly good reasons why some of us keep the line rental with BT! Roll_eyes
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi
Looks like compensation can be claimed from BT Openreach
see http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home_phone/phone_faq.shtml#compo
Richard
dhumble
Grafter

RichardB, thank you.  I am reading it now and giving it a try.  David