Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault Type:dis in network Test Results:fail Fault Ref:TR0000010601286

FIXED
ilovenorman
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fault Type:dis in network Test Results:fail Fault Ref:TR0000010601286

After a chat with Rajak about my ongoing landline problems... I got cut off from the chat, then received an email with the above jargon with no further explanation as to what it means.

Almost a week ago without warning, inexplicably my landline phone display read:  Please check phone connection

I have since been without landline service.

To be fair, when I was outside last Thursday, I did notice a couple of Openreach engineers up a ladder working on something for one of the nearby flats, so it seems too coincidental that I should suddenly be experiencing my landline outage.

My internet service is running fine, and fortunately, I am very close to the exchange box, so my broadband speeds are good.  I have reset my cordless landline phone, changed its batteries and replaced the splitter, checked all the connections, etc.  Nothing, so far, has solved the problem, which prompted me to contact Plusnet Tech Support...

Please, can someone explain what the following means?

Fault Type:dis in network
Test Results:fail
Fault Ref:TR0000010601286

I get that the line test failed; but, I had to Google the meaning of "dis in network", which I feel I shouldn't have to do - we're not all techies.  Also, what does the Fault Ref number mean? Is there anything else I should do to make absolutely sure I don't incur a fee?

2 REPLIES 2
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Fault Type:dis in network Test Results:fail Fault Ref:TR0000010601286

Hi @ilovenorman,

I'm very sorry that your landline isn't working at the moment and for the response that you received when you contacted us via chat. We would expect the agent to provide more of an explanation as to what is going on with the fault and I will pass on feedback about this.

I can confirm that our test has found an external line disconnection and this has been raised to our suppliers for further investigation. Their estimated response time is by midnight tomorrow and our faults team will contact you once we've received an update on this. As the fault is external to your property, there won't be any charge for the repair.

Regards,
Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ilovenorman
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Fault Type:dis in network Test Results:fail Fault Ref:TR0000010601286

Fix

Thank you so much, Emily! I appreciate your help and further explanation!

I feel relieved knowing that it's an external problem and won't incur a charge to me that I can ill afford.