cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family with sky and now can't ring my number

terrymcc123
Hooked

Re: Family with sky and now can't ring my number

Not sure I agree with you completely. Is there not an onus on Plusnet to be sure the service has been migrated totally.

Also now Plusnet are aware of this issue then they should be working with Sky to ensure it is resolved and ensure future migrations are 100% successful. There are typically engineering support  routes open which can be used to resolve such issues, If Sky will not liase to fix the problem then Plusnet should raise with Ofcom. This would have far more weight than a single user raising.

Also are Plusnet cross charging Sky for sending out an engineers to check lines needlessly!

Just to finish, everyone I have spoken to at Plusnet and on the Community board have been most helpful.

Terry

gjam732
Dabbler

SORRY? It is the plusnet customer that has the problem..... whatever way you want to look at this, in legal terms, plusnet agreed a contract with me to provide me with a line to make and receive phone calls (condition 1.1 of the terms of contract). My contract is with them and only them. That contract is not being fulfilled. In order to meet their contractual obligations they need to resolve the issue NOT ME. Therefore if PN "believe" there is an issue within sky that is preventing PN from providing the full service that I'm paying for then they need to talk to sky.
What really winds me up is that
(a) another PN customer on this same thread (and others previously in other threads) had the same problem fixed after contacting PN (he wasn't sent away saying there was nothing else they can do - It was fixed)
(b) Google searches of other forums (eg a Bt forum) will show that the customers CURRENT providers have taken responsibility to see this same issue through to a fix.
(c) if PN continue to take over customers previously with Now or Sky knowing that there is this potential issue (and its clear that there is) then they must also take responsibility for fixing it.

It's like the retailer trying to fob you off to the manufacturer when he sells you faulty goods (when the contract is between you and the retailer) ..... its basic contract law and my contract is with plusnet.
gjam732
Dabbler

Hi Terry....I had written my last reply to the previous post and in the meantime you had added this comment which basically says what I've said. They do need to take responsibility. Thanks. Glyn
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I would suspect that the admin in cross charging Sky exceeds to wasted costs already encountered by Plusnet.

To all intents and purposes the porting out of the number to BT has been completed by the BT port team and Plusnet’s ordering system. The fact that internally Sky has failed to change the internal routing of calls to that number is an internal issue.

Sadly Sky has stuffed the out bound pitying process … something that they have done more than once for Plusnet customers … and who knows how many other providers elsewhere.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gjam732
Dabbler

So, I've requested a deadlock letter so that i can make ofcom aware of this issue. Not just my issue but the fact that this is happening and more frequently than providers would like to admit. My hope was that ofcom would be able to pursuade providers that they need to resolve these issues by working together.
The reply from PN was to offer me an out from the contract but with the proviso that that would also remove any claim for compensation for lack of service. To be fair i did ask early on to leave but, as they have pointed out in this latest "gesture of goodwill" the problem will probably just move with me. I do think that the old provider and new provider have responsibility BETWEEN them to fix this - it's not for the customer to do it! From other comments here and on the internet it is clearly fixable so it seems that PN techs need to speak with Sky techs and get it sorted. Why don't they just do that?
terrymcc123
Hooked

Hi Giam,

My problem was fixed and the last update on my Question is printed below,

"The Question 230493855 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - Phone Faults - Migrations"

If PN look at the history of this Question and work out who it was sent to to resolve then they might be able to use the same route to fix your fault. 

Best of luck. Terry

gjam732
Dabbler

Thanks Terry. I've added that info to the ticket.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

A Goggle search suggests that this problem is legion with Sky and that the issue needs to be addressed by Sky's data integrity team - notably for the number owner to get Sky to affirm that the service cease was completed properly - https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Re-This-number-does-not-exist-when-Sky-phone-customers-t...

"... Hello, I am your ex-customer, I moved away, took my number with me, but your customers now cannot dial my number (but is it OK for people on other networks ... can you please check YOUR data integrity...".

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gjam732
Dabbler

This is becoming very monotonous...I've already asked Now to help. They won't help because I'm not paying them anymore.
However what you sent me was a transcript of a BT customer who clearly went to them from sky and experienced this problem...... then BT sorted the problem. They didn't keep giving it back to the customer or claiming it wasn't their fault. And that's exactly what I'm saying PN SHOULD be doing.
I'm also chasing this through those people i know who can't get through too but this is a complete waste of my time. PN are happy to take my money and are therfore contractually obligated to fix the problem. I don't need to know who is at fault I just need the company who agreed to take the line over and provide a service to do just that - customer service is disgraceful. Which other company tells the customer to fix their own issue. What a joke. So frustrating I think WATCHDOG might find this interesting - I wonder just how widespread it really is!
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thanks for getting in touch @gjam732, your case handler will pick up your reply on the ticket as soon as they are back on shift. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
gjam732
Dabbler

Have finally got someone I know with a Sky/Now landline to chase this through Now. Guess what..... its not their fault, its plusnets!

"I have entered your account and ran some line tests to make sure this is nothing to do with your service that may be stopping the calls from going through and can see no issues. "

I (we) reported this to them originally with all the details about the investigations already done and how the line is fine and only those calls from sky/now couldn't get through and Openreach conclusion about migration but ... that's not on their check list I guess. Of course I've got my daughter to reply again and repeating what's already been done and pointing them towards migration issues etc but I've not got much hope they will do anything.
So I can't do any more (and shouldn't have had to chase back and forth for 3 months at all) than insist my contract is upheld....
Somebody, somewhere has to admit responsibility.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@gjam732, when you say that you "insist my contract is upheld", I'm guessing you are referring back to when you said earlier "they state that they will provide me with the ability to make and receive calls". 

There are two ways to consider this, and at the moment I don't think we can say with 100% certainty which one is correct.  It is either:

1. Plusnet (or more accurately Openreach) are preventing you from receiving call from Sky customers or
  2. Sky are preventing their customers from calling you

I know to you it is exactly the same result, but if it is number 1, then you are correct with your comments about them not meeting that condition.  If it is number 2 however, Plusnet (well Openreach) are presenting you with all the calls offered to them for you.

I think you said earlier that Openreach have checked and don't have any record of the calls reaching their network, which if it is true then that would put this in scenario number 2.  As fellow customers that isn't something most of us here would be able to say for certain though.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I have raised a "How does the industry address these issues" escalation to a place which might have helpful influence.

It is very clear that this issue does not lay in any area over which Plusnet or its suppliers has any influence.  There is nothing broken within Plusnet's or BT Openreach's domain to fix.  It is not a matter of tech guys here talking to tech guys there ... if the industry does not have such points of contact and processes.

It is apparent that Sky has a data integrity team, however there appears to be no easy means to engage with them, especially if one is no longer their customer ... and they appear to have little care / interest in the challenges presented to their customers seeking to dial the (ex)ported number.

gjam732
Dabbler

Thank you.

Fingers crossed.

I have now also got my son (sky) complaining to them and as I've already said, my daughter (now) as both cannot call us. But i agree, this does need a wider cross company process in place as it does seem to occur from time to time and there doesn't appear to be any communication channels between suppliers.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@gjam732 I'm sorry to see that this has been an issue for so long, the colleague handling your complaint will get back to you again once their back on shift. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team