Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO Ben Trimble - Incoming Calls Only?

Ripperoo
Dabbler

FAO Ben Trimble - Incoming Calls Only?

Hi Ben
I read with interest about barring outgoing calls (except 999 and freephone calls) as mentioned is THIS THREAD
So would it be possible to have incoming calls only on my phone line, preventing all outgoing call except for 999 and freephone numbers?
I only need my phone line for broadband, so don't need a call package, but some family members forget and occasionally use the landline, which I want to prevent.
I did have some kind of call barring a few years ago, but when we had a serious family emergency, we were unable to phone 999 as ALL outgoing calls were barred and our mobiles were dead.
The CSR I spoke at the time had no knowledge of the the feature mentioned in the thread at the beginning of this post.
I would therefore appreciate it if you could explain how I can go about activating this feature.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: FAO Ben Trimble - Incoming Calls Only?

If you take a look at the thread you linked to, in one of his replies …
Quote from: Ben
Hey - we can do this for  you but it's a manual process. Please raise a ticket, reference this thread and it should be actioned - just post back if you have any further trouble and it'll get picked up Smiley

… Ben Trimble provided instructions for requesting this. It's a manual process that has to be done by a staff member with the required skills - which I think means the provisioning team. "Referencing this thread" was a requirement for the ticket. You could include the quote above in your text.
David
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: FAO Ben Trimble - Incoming Calls Only?

Thanks for covering that off, spraxyt. Ripperoo - please post back if you have any problems getting this completed.
P.S. we're still working on getting this and other features we don't currently offer added into the Member Centre.