cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F.A.O. PN Staff - Query With Phone Bill

Minxymoo
Grafter

F.A.O. PN Staff - Query With Phone Bill

I’ve just checked the invoice for my phone bill (which is due to come off on 13/11/2009, and it says the cost of my calls are £6.50.  However, in my itemised bill they are only £4.25.  I did receive an e-mail last month saying there is £1.08 outstanding but that would still only take it to £5.33,so I’m just wondering what the other £1.17 is for?
15 REPLIES 15
paulby
Grafter

Re: F.A.O. PN Staff - Query With Phone Bill

IIRC your phone billing is out of sync with your invoice date.
If you've got the same problem as I have this means that the number on your itemised bill is inconsistent with what is actually billed for calls.
What you are actually billed for is the amount required to bring your credit limit back up to the correct value for your account type - this happens on your invoice date.  The upshot of this - and why the billing gets so confusing - is that you're billed for part of the calls from the previous itemised bill (from your previous invoice date) plus the calls on your current itemised bill up to your current invoice date.
I've spent a few hours trying to reconcile the bills I've had and the actual amount billed for calls has always been correct.
We shouldn't have to do this though and the sooner a fix for the "unsynchronised bill" issue is found and implemented the better.
Minxymoo
Grafter

I’m getting really fed up and confused trying to figure out my phone bills as like you it’s out of sync.  I keep getting told it will be fixed yet it never is. Sad  It’s getting so annoying I’m actually thinking of going back to BT.  
My hubby works in I.T. and the company he works for would never be allowed for a problem to remain unsolved for this length of time.  Rant over. Embarrassed
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

This "discrepency" between the bill and the "credit" is the main reason why I did not join in the rush to be a plusnet phone customer.....far too confusing... Undecided
I am still with BT, but considering moving to "A.N.OTHER Co " for telephone services that match BT but at half the price....  Smiley
I get a bill for calls and services that I can readily understand....  Cheesy
The way plusnet do it, is for you to give them (say) £50 for a month, and if you use £25 of it, in that month , they still get interest on YOUR £25 in THEIR account ! ,,,, nice one , plusnet ! Embarrassed
Minxymoo
Grafter

I wish I had discovered this forum and all the problems people have with billing before I changed. Sad
paulby
Grafter

@shutter
You don't give PN any money up front for calls.  The "credit" is the limit on the value of calls you can place in a month.  
You are billed in arrears for calls made as with most other telcos.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

OK.... must have misunderstood the use of the word "credit".... Embarrassed
nadger
Rising Star

As previously said, you don't give Plusnet anything, other than monthly line rental, up front.
Currently my call data is up to date but they can run behind at times - not  really a problem to low volume users like myself.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:Query With Phone Bill

Hi all,
Sorry this has been going on for so long, I assure you our developers are still working on it. As soon as I get any more info from the dev team I'll update.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I know its a pain in the proverbial, my accounts are 14 days out of synch, I download the call data as a CSV ( its on the itemised menu), then put the two offending months into and Open Office spreadsheet and sum the correct  dates, takes about 3 minutes to do.  Charley ask your IT other half I am sure he could do it  Lips_are_sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Minxymoo
Grafter

Thanks pierre_pierre I will indeed ask my OH if he can do that as he is a dab hand with spread sheets Wink it gets very confusing trying to keep track of the call costs. Sad
I'm sure the PN staff must be getting fed up with me and my moans!!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

moaning about it since August, think you started in October
Minxymoo
Grafter

You would think they would want to get it done ASAP to shut us up Wink
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:F.A.O. PN Staff - Query With Phone Bill

We do want to get this sorted as quickly as possible, however we also want to make sure it's sorted properly. Any solution needs to not cause any other issues. Hopefully we'll have more news soon.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nadger
Rising Star

Using capitals and bold will only antagonise other users, as it's regarded as shouting, and won't help your case in the slightest.