cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra charges I cannot understand

alanch1

Extra charges I cannot understand

I am not sure exactly what has happened - a quick summary. I have a call package (broadband and line rental fixed for nearly another 2 years) that comes to £25.13 per month and I also have an add on for unlimited calls (10.28p). As we have gone to Spain for around 7 weeks I cancelled the add on (which you can do on a monthly basis) and have now just reinstated it as we will be going back on 23rd June. All this was done online as I cannot phone their call centre from here and there is no email possibility and the chat doesn’t work.I assumed the monthly charge would revert to £25.13 + £10.28 = £35.41 but instead of this my new monthly subscription is going to be £57.82 (unlimited fibre £24.35, line rental £23.19, unlimited call plan £10.28).
The broadband and line rental together were charged at £25.13 together but now they are being charged separately resulting in an increase of around £22. i am at a total loss and unfortunately I won’t be able to contact Plusnet directly until we are back.

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Extra charges I cannot understand

@alanch1 Welcome to the forum.

I suspect that you have discovered a known bug in the system. When you add a feature the ordering system reports the none discounted price. However your next bill should automatically apply your discount, bringing it back down.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

alanch1

Re: Extra charges I cannot understand

Many thanks. I won’t actually know the outcome until I actually see the new bill but if you’re right (as I assume) then I have nothing to worry about. Naturally I’ll post the outcome on the site. Thanks again.