cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Telephone Book Entry

Charles101
Grafter

Extra Telephone Book Entry

Thinking of making the change from BT but I currently have an extra entry in the phone book, can this be done with PN?
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Extra Telephone Book Entry

I'm not overly sure, but suspect not.
Can you be a little more specific on what you mean by an extra telephone book entry?  Do you have two entries currently?
Charles101
Grafter

At the moment I have two entries, one is a business name other name is mine, for the one phone.  Without this it is hard to justify moving as directory enquires then could not find me.  I live and work at the same address, phone is classed as residential.
I would have thought this is a common service with households having more than one name in them, but seems to be severly regulated as needs to be done through the phone company.
Charles
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

It seems that with BT a single directory entry - that of the subscriber is the entitlement.  Additional entries are by discussion and possible payment.  See this document.  I guess most other operators will apply a similar rule?
If you currently have this agreement with BT and your number is not changing as a result of taking Home Phone, then there should be no problem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Charles101
Grafter

I do pay BT for the extra directory entry along with the phone bill.  How would this work if I changed to PlusNet?
Charles
Mand
Grafter

There's no reason why we wouldn't be able to do this, although it would need to be a manual request through myself for the time being, as it's unlikely we'll get this built into the automated system in the short term.