Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excruciating support system.

FIXED
Kinaida
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Excruciating support system.

Plusnet telephone line. No dialtone. Landline rings for incoming call but only crackling on the line. Unable to call out. Broadband FTTC working at usual speeds. Corded telephone tested on master socket test port. No dialtone.

The Plusnet Telephone trouble shooter facility goes through an apparent line test, online, and then provides a silly response indicating that "oops something is going wrong" please call this number.  0800 023 2221.   Not the best suggestion when the matter relates to a telephone failure?

Or, raise an online support ticket? As far as I can see there is no facility to write a support ticket. I can camp on the telephone call to the customer service centre as long as I am prepared to wait 45 minutes. The last time I tried this sometime ago the plug was pulled on the call three times.

Is there any way to at least register the problem so in the first instance the line may be properly checked?

Or am I stuck with an unknown wait time?

6 REPLIES 6
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Excruciating support system.

Fix

It's possible the trouble shooter has raised a ticket to report the problem even though it returns an error.

Have a look here (login reqd.)

Kinaida
Dabbler

Thanks Browni,

A support ticket has been raised. A step in the right direction and now waiting for a response.

Kinaida

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Kinaida
Dabbler

In all fairness I have to roll back from my criticism of the support system. Once it has been engaged!

Openreach fixed the problem this morning. An underground cabling connection in the street. 

In this case the response from both parties was swift and effective.

Unfortunately direct access to Plusnet remains amongst the poorest in the Industry. I would not have known that the "system failure" had registered the problem without a Community member, Browni', helpfully intervening.  

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @Browni as per message #2.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for the error message you receive at the end of the line testing process, but I'm happy to hear the issue was swiftly resolved. Let us know if you need any further assistance. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet