cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange fault drowns out incoming calls from Three, TalkTalk and SkypeOUT

RedIgloo

Exchange fault drowns out incoming calls from Three, TalkTalk and SkypeOUT

Hi
I am at my wits' end.  I have had a recurrent fault for the last 3+ months.  Incoming calls from Three mobile, TalkTalk landline, and SkypeOUT (e.g from a laptop to my landline number) are drowned out by static. The static starts whilst the phone is ringing, and also drowns out PlusNet voicemail. Calls from Vodafone landline, BT and VirginMedia landline are fine.  Calls from the affected networks to other subscribers on my exchange are equally impossible.
The fault went away once of its own accord, and once following a repair by BT to the local exchange.  But it's back.
I've already had to take a day off work for an OpenReach engineer to visit, who said the line was fine, and that it was an exchange fault.  Kinda obvious when it affects voicemail!
Full details in support call 82124490 (now closed).  Latest fault call 87452891.
Desperate!
Jonathan.
4 REPLIES 4
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Exchange fault drowns out incoming calls from Three, TalkTalk and SkypeOUT

Hi Jonathan,
Sorry to hear the issue has returned!
I've tested your line and raised the issue to our suppliers who are now performing further testing. This is outlined on Ticket: 87452891
This ticket will be updated once we receive any further information from our suppliers.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ticket: 87452891 has been updated and the estimated resolution time for the fault to be cleared is 25/06/2014 by 17:00.
Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
RedIgloo

Hi Linn,
Thanks for your assistance.
A line test took place on Monday morning, before you called me.
When we spoke, you agreed that you could raise this as an exchange fault with OpenReach, and that (yet another) visit to my home (and another day off work) would not be needed.
Later in the day, another line test took place.
The open ticket I had with you was updated to say the fault would be resolved by 17:00 Wednesday.
I am pleased to say that when I tried calling in to the line at 17:30 it was fixed.  This is confirmed from Three, TalkTalk and SkypeOut lines.
I would like to think this is third time lucky, and that there will not be a fourth occurrence of this fault!
Perhaps you could call me to discuss what compensation might be in order.
Thanks again for cutting through the bureaucracy, and achieving a speedy resolution.
Jonathan.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RedIgloo,
Thanks for getting back to us with the updates. I'm happy to hear that the fault has now been cleared.
I've created Ticket: 87677088 on your account. Please respond to this ticket as soon as you can so I can sort that out for you.