cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex-Directory

ming
Grafter

Ex-Directory

We are ex-directory with BT and we change over to Plusnet on Tues. Was just wondering when I read some posts about nuisance calls - will we stay ex-D when we change over? As my OH is quite ill and sleeps a lot and I totally HATE stupid phone calls that wake him up or disturb him.. ?
11 REPLIES 11
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Ex-Directory

It might be worth raising a ticket to emphasise the request.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
When you migrate a phone service across it's done on a like for like basis, so you should remain ex directory following the move.
Hope that helps,
ming
Grafter

OK MANY THANKS !  Wink
binzy
Grafter

hi guys
              well when i did the same thing a couple of years ago i lost my ex-directory i had with bt and now im getting all sorts of greef  just read my post Nuisance Calls
                                    binzy
Bud
Grafter

Being Ex Directory has nothing to do with not getting any of those random calls, or companies calling you up.  Being registered with the TPS helps, but wont stop any of the overseas calls.
Ellis
Grafter

Nuisance calls are not stopped by being XD. The only way that I know of guaranteeing that you don't get nuisance calls is for your line to be outgoing only, but then no one can call you. You could use a mobile phone for receiving calls, but it might not be very popular with your friends.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: binzy
when i did the same thing a couple of years ago i lost my ex-directory i had with bt

Which is why I suggested raising a ticket as a belt and braces method.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pennbank
Grafter

You can always check here
http://www.btexchanges.com/
anniesboy
Rising Star

I am ex directory ,I changed from BT to P Net in January , I have had no such calls.
I have been ex directory for all the time Ive had a phone,also registered with TPS.
peter10
Grafter

I changed my phone to Plusnet in September. I was ex-directory with BT and have never appeared in the paper directory sent out to homes. After change over I checked the BT online directory and I was listed. I am not sure how long I had been there. Could be worth checking after transfer. Raising a ticket soon had my name removed.
The_10th
Grafter

Bit of a HJ but if one is on the BT Privacy service is this transferred too and is it just BT putting your details on the TPS http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html?