cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex-Directory and blocking outgoing CLI

ashnewbie
Dabbler

Ex-Directory and blocking outgoing CLI

I have read through the forum and I am still puzzled why, during the signing up of new customers needing a new telephone line, the option to request to be Ex-Directory seems non existent and outside this forum does not seem to be a service option mentioned anywhere on plus.net, neith is the other free option to block all outgoing CLI mentioned, why?
46 REPLIES 46
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Ex-Directory and blocking outgoing CLI

Hi ashnewbie,
I'm not sure why, but I can certainly mention it to the right people.
Jojo Smiley
hound
Dabbler

I too, am thinking of changing my line rental to Plusnet.  (at present with BT)
What is the procedure for ensuring that I keep Ex-Directory and blocking outgoing CLI on all calls (at present released on a per call basis by keying 1470) ?Huh
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

It should be technically possible. We get that service free on our Vonage VOIP phone with the ability to control via web page or key combination on the handset.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
ashnewbie
Dabbler

Quote from: Joanne
Hi ashnewbie,
I'm not sure why, but I can certainly mention it to the right people.
Jojo Smiley

Being given  an option to be ex-directory should be available at the point of sale/sign up, I imagine plus.net does not introduce it because there is a commercial resale value in sharing peoples name, address and phone number. I take the view that the absence of this option is a commercial profit based one and not a technical issue. Teh fact the the topic is completely absent from all of the main plus.net website is enough evidence of deliberate vested-interest omission.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It's true that this option isn't available at signup, though if a user migrates their phone line to us and it's ex-directory at the time then it's moved across in the same state. I realise this doesn't help people signing up for new lines and have made the suggestion that this be included, but if it's something people are interested in please post to let us know.
hound
Dabbler

Matt, thanks for the info about Ex-directory.  Any ideas about requesting permanent withholding of outgoing CLI  Huh
faulknerm88
Grafter

Is it possible to check whether my line is currently ex-directory please? And if not, to make it so?
Thanks Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi faulknerm88,
You weren't ex directory but I've placed an order to have it so. I've sent you a ticket confirming this.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi hound,
Yes you can have your outgoing number witheld.
Jojo Smiley
hound
Dabbler

Thanks. How would I request that on sign-up?Huh
Lulubelle54

Sad
Quote from: ashnewbie
I have read through the forum and I am still puzzled why, during the si gning up of new customers needing a new telephone line, the option to request to be Ex-Directory seems non existent and outside this forum does not seem to be a service option mentioned anywhere on plus.net, neith is the other free option to block all outgoing CLI mentioned, why?

I have been told, on questioning this very thing, that old telephone numbers are used for new customers ( recycling!) and my particular number was not blocked!!! I mentioned it might be a good thing to mention this to new customers, as the number of cold calls in the first week go into double figures!!!. I have now disconnected my phone until the TPS kicks in - I'll continue to use my lovely mobile thank you! I was advised to register on the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) on the web, which is free- but can take 30 days to be any use. But no mention of the fact that you can CHOOSE to go ex directory once you are a customer, so why has Jojo from PN mentioned that you can? Sad
pierre_pierre
Grafter

because she is a very nice lady who works for PlusNet
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

TPS is just a database of phone numbers of people in the UK who don't want sales calls. Marketers are supposed to check the number is not on the database before they call.  It is possible to buy extracted files containing lists of numbers and then regular updates.  A "good" marketing company will build that data into their own call management system, a lot of marketers don't bother.even though that in theory there are fines for ignoring TPS.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
ashnewbie
Dabbler

Quote from: Joanne
Hi hound,
Yes you can have your outgoing number witheld.
Jojo Smiley

Can I have my outgoing number withheld? If so, please action.
Thanks