Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineers cause my phone to be down at this most critical of times

wrinklie1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Engineers cause my phone to be down at this most critical of times

On contacting plus.net I was told that the fault would be rectified by 28th Dec.

Totally unacceptable..Going to change to someone that will "DO ME PROUD"

2 REPLIES 2
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Engineers cause my phone to be down at this most critical of times

Hi @wrinklie1

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a fault.

I can see that my colleague raised this to our suppliers for you this morning, here.

I'm sorry that you feel that a resolution time of four days during the festive period is unacceptable. As I'm sure you can appreciate, many businesses, including Openreach are closed over Christmas. The normal minimal turnaround for a fault is 2-3 working days. As Christmas Day and Boxing Day are both bank holidays, I'm not at all surprised or concerned that the earliest resolution date for your fault is 28/12/18 - it's unfortunate that a fault has occurred so close to Christmas but the lead time you've been provided is reasonable given that tomorrow is Christmas Day. 

You are of course entitled to change providers should you feel this is appropriate, however, you will find that the majority of UK ISP's use the BT Wholesale network and therefore would be subject to the same engineer timescales and availability.

My colleagues will be monitoring the fault and will provide updates via the ticket I've linked above accordingly.

Best wishes

Dave

wrinklie1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Engineers cause my phone to be down at this most critical of times

m delighted to advise that the fault has now been corrected. So someone "DID ME Proud.

Thanks